Steering wheel replacement | FerrariChat

Steering wheel replacement

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by dwb360, Feb 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwb360

dwb360 Karting

Aug 22, 2010
    Champaign, IL
    Full Name:
    Dave Barr
    I'm looking at/buying 2010 California - doesn't have carbon fiber wheel with LEDs. Anyone have any idea what ballpark cost will be to have dealership replace current wheel with carbon fiber wheel with LEDs. I am assuming this can be done - wondering what cost will be. Thanks all.

2. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    Ordering it as a new option was $4,250. To take out the current one, wire the connections and install new would probably add at least 40-60% to that total. It wouldn't shock me to have them quote $7,500 for it at minimum. That is just a reasoned guess, but my experience has been Ferrari parts and retrofit is about twice what you think it's going to be. There should be an aftermarket option, though. No idea what that cost might be. Good luck in any case.

3. dwb360

dwb360 Karting

Aug 22, 2010
    Champaign, IL
    Full Name:
    Dave Barr
    Excellent guess!! Twice as much as you thought it would be $13,000 for the part $2,000 for the labor - and they weren't sure it could be done.

4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
  5. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    Best laugh of the day for me. I didn't want to appear negative re what Ferrari would charge so I estimated low.

6. Boardwalk Boutique

Jul 12, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Sara M.
    At our Ferrari dealership we offer special pricing for Ferrari Chat members. I sent you a PM with details.