Ferrari California 2013 vs 2014 price check | FerrariChat

Ferrari California 2013 vs 2014 price check

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by itwizard, Mar 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itwizard

itwizard Karting

May 23, 2010
    Not sure how many of you have been in the market for a California since the T announcement, but I've had my eye on one for a little while. This may actually be the worst time to buy one given that their prices have held up so well and the new model is around the corner, but timeline wise it works out really well for me since I have a relatively open summer ahead that will involve a decent amount of time on the road.

I've been looking at some used 2013's with ~3000 miles on the clock for essentially $195k-$200k. Generally well equipped, nothing too fancy, msrp's around ~$240k

Also have a couple dealers with brand new 2014's on the lot, must be extra allocation or something, similarly equipped. Both are willing to give me a trade-in bump on my car to make the deal more attractive.

Anybody here have any luck getting good deals on 2013's or 2014's, and what kind of mark down would you recommend I be aiming for, whether through a trade-in bump or otherwise.

Just trying to not take a total bloodbath as the current generation gets phased out.

2. rmb221

rmb221 Karting

Feb 25, 2013
    The prices you are quoting seem reasonable. I think the California's are going to hold up well in years to come.

This may help - Ferrari California For Sale

3. itwizard

itwizard Karting

May 23, 2010
    Thanks for the link, is that site aggregating from other sites, or just cars that are submitted to them?

4. itwizard

itwizard Karting

May 23, 2010
    Down to a 2014 california with the handling speciale package at a 235k msrp, offered me a $20k discount. Anybody have any insights on whether this seems like a good deal?

5. Ron4pro

Ron4pro Karting

Oct 21, 2013
    Arizona
    It depends on what options. 2014 Cali's come with 15k off in options for all Cali's manufactured on jan14 and later. There are about 4 pages of options...ask the dealer for the list

6. itwizard

itwizard Karting

May 23, 2010
    Thanks Ron4pro, will do.

7. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    I just bought a new 2014 Dealer stock car in the UK, Ferrari provided 'support' to help sell current stock/ models. My car was circa $290k with options (UK price maybe different in US), discount was more than $50k

8. itwizard

itwizard Karting

May 23, 2010
    Thanks for the tip. Do you think the high msrp played a role in the size of the discount? I would be surprised (but happy) if I could get a 235k msrp car at 185k

9. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not sure if this will help, but I just bought a 2014 California, Black/Black HS package, nicely optioned with Daytona seats, Alcantara inserts, etc. The window on it was 245K new. It had 650 miles on it at the time and is basically a new car -- not a spot on it. It was a dealer consignment and I was able to walk away with the car for about 12% off the window sticker. What really made the decision for me was that I was able to a really fantastic lease rate on it, making the payment reasonably affordable (in Ferrari terms). I thought, like you did about waiting, but decided I couldn't and pulled the trigger. Could not be happier I did. The car is AMAZING. Good luck with the search.

10. itwizard

itwizard Karting

May 23, 2010
    Thanks vrdjs, that was very helpful!

11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Nice. I was under the impression that leasing a preowned car was less favorable compared to new.

12. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was under the same impression Surfah. I think that since the car had so few miles on it they were able to get Ferrari Financial to do a deal with new car numbers. I was also looking at a similarly priced 599GTB that was a 2010 with 3K miles on it. The quotes I got on that car from two other leasing companies were not even close to the numbers I was able to get on the Cali. That all, of course, has to do with the residual value once the lease is finished. The value I was given for the Cali by Ferrari Financial was literally 15% higher than the other company, making the payments around $600 a month less. That's why I went with Ferrari Financial. And, they made it SO easy.

13. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    What interest rates are you getting on these lease deals?

14. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Just use the % discount...MSPR (and exchange rate) causes big delta's in new ferrari pricing by country. But, I would take this data point, fwiw, as 50/290=17% discount. I'm not a new ferrari buying expert, but the last time I heard of that level of discount was for the last 599s and for a couple of scuds back at the end of that cycle. Of course its one data point and one dealer and one buyer, so who knows what its worth. Buying the last few of any "mass produced" ferrari model will certainly result in a hit to MSRP the day it leaves the lot (like most cars!). Sizable too I'd reckon. So, some sort of discount is warranted imho to get these late model cali's sold prior to the T hitting the market.