California T options discussion thread | FerrariChat

California T options discussion thread

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by 03LX470, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 03LX470

03LX470 Rookie

Feb 24, 2012
    So the dealership has a list of options but not exactly more details or some options from the California didn't show up on the California T list.

This folks on this forum are a good source of information and discussion which will help everyone in selecting or deleting options from their order.

VIEW - Visibility Equipment
    No idea what this is about. It costs about $10,000

Carbon Fiber Steering
    It was not on the options list

Magneride
    It's listed for about $5,000. I didn't have it on my 2011 and everyone here recommended to get it so I will definitely order it.

Adaptive Headlights
    Listed for about $3,000. Not sure if this option adds LED Headlights with adaptive function or this options just gives the adaptive function to the standard Bi-xenon headlights

Warranty
    I'm told it's now 5-years instead of 3-years which was the norm before. Still have the 7-year service plan

2. Eddy67

Eddy67 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Celebration, FL
    Could the "Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel" now be standard…… wishful thinking I know.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow if the warranty is moved to 5 years that's amazing.

My guess is though that it's a reason to raise the price of the car. They did the same thing with the 7 year plan. They introduced the 7 year plan AND raised the base price of a 458 about $3200 along with many increases in pricing for options.

But I think we have to wait for the official US announcements. I'm hoping they remove a lot of optional equipment and go more standard. The F12 has more standard included equipment than the 458.

4. Xeron

Xeron Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    Vegas
    Any word on a front end lift option? I'm kind of concerned about steep driveways and my 458 and Spyder had one.

5. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Not an option.

6. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    Carbon steering is very much on the options list. I ordered it on my T.