Value of 2k10 California w/ high miles? HELP! | FerrariChat

Value of 2k10 California w/ high miles? HELP!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by av35, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. av35

av35 Rookie

Oct 7, 2004
    Friend offered me his Red/Tan 2k10 California w/ 29k miles - car has ceramics, carbon fiber, 20" OEM wheels. No accidents/paint. Any thoughts on what this car is worth, and what the future depreciation curve for the California looks like? Hard to find comparable cars as there aren't many on the market with similar mileage.

Thanks!

2. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Its really a shame, these cars should be driven and a car with 30k miles which is 4-5 years old is really not much mialage.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Its not high miles - these cars are depreciating slowly because they are being kept because they can do the miles - somewhere there's a quote from Luca I think that the design criteria were daily use and 15 000 miles per year - so this car is below average !

4. av35

av35 Rookie

Oct 7, 2004
    Appreciate all input. 29k miles is considered "above average" for a 2k10 California based on listed cars (using this as the only unit of measure) - I've read that early cars seem to have costly DCT failures, how big of a concern should this really be? I most definitely plan on driving the car 10-15k miles per yr. Finally, any opinions on what is a fair valuation of this car?

5. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
  6. BruceWinter

BruceWinter Karting

Dec 22, 2013
    Delray Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Bruce E. Winter
    can you get an extended warranty?

Only offered by few companies.

someone mentioned lasalle (no affiliation, but spoke to them before I purchased an extended Ferrari warranty.

Personally, I would not consider an older car without the warranty,

7. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    In the UK they've just announced official Ferrari warranties for cars up to 12 years old. It's been suggested (I've not seen the details) it's a full warranty too, no longer limited to power train etc

8. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    is 2k10 easier to type than 2010? And, if it is, what are you investing the massive time-savings from typing "k" rather than "0" into?

9. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Depends on how long you will keep her.

If you log another 30k miles, then you may have to fix a DCT (30k) and Variators (15k).

10. av35

av35 Rookie

Oct 7, 2004
    #10 av35, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    Wonder what the probability of a major DCT failure is at 50-60k miles - I plan on adding at least an additional 15-20k miles on the car. Is it possible to extend the factory warranty, or purchase some sort of quality aftermarket warranty? These repair costs can be scary, sounds like purchasing this car is a mistake.

11. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The $30K and the $15K refer to cost.

I was not trying to predict mileage for failure. I can't predict the future. But I can tell you how much these two repairs cost.

12. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I will bet prices will go up once everyone sees how long a Cali-T takes to get. Even higher if the Cali-T sounds as crappy with its turbo as F1 cars do now. The Cali makes some beautiful exhaust music today!

Rick

13. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    There's one for sale out here that is Black/Black, loaded with options with 22K miles on it and 6 months left on a Power Train warranty for 149K. Hope that helps

14. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Since you think 29k miles is high mileage and refute the opinion that it is not, then pass on this car and get one with lower mileage.

You have answered your question already.

And you are right.