California T or Huracan | FerrariChat

California T or Huracan

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by hamster, Apr 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hamster

hamster Rookie

Dec 8, 2013
    I put a deposit down for the T and plan to put a deposit down for the Huracan. I don't plan to buy both. I would like to hear others about which one they would prefer.

2. qwertstnbir

qwertstnbir Formula 3

Jul 14, 2013
    two different cars
    but Huracan win both sound and beauty contest
    maybe you should wait for Huracan with RWD?

3. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    I don't really get what you're thinking...these are completely different cars. A front engine GT convertible versus a mid engine sports car? They serve different purposes. Shouldn't you be comparing a Huracan to a 458 Italia? Then get the Italia for the incomparable NA V8.

4. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
    +1.

I don't get it either. Don't you know what you want? These 2 cars are so different.

(oh... 1st post...)

5. B. Pateman

B. Pateman Rookie

Apr 9, 2014
    Get the Huracan.

6. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard

Do not mean to sound mean, however the post is ridiculous. If you have that much money to contemplate both, buy both as they are totally different. Otherwise get the T :)

7. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The OP probably isn't a car guy. He can't tell the difference between the 2 cars - he's just comparing badges.

8. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I had to look at what a Huracan is ... the ONLY thing more different than a Cali T is a Prius :D ... You should take whatever you can get first. If you want something that you can drive regularly like every day like I do then the Ferrari is the only choice.

Rick

9. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Huracan. Times 100.

10. hamster

hamster Rookie

Dec 8, 2013
    I was able to see the Huracan during the private invite. The car looks good and I would have never thought about Cali until the Cali T was announced. I plan to only drive it on weekends. I have yet to see the T however more I read about it the more I like it.

11. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Both cars are exciting and fast but - What is more important to you convertible or coupe ?

12. hamster

hamster Rookie

Dec 8, 2013
    Convertible is my preference. I have a 991S convertible but it seems slow. My Lambo dealer thinks the huracan convertible will be here in Summer of 2015.

13. qwertstnbir

qwertstnbir Formula 3

Jul 14, 2013
    why new California T is so much better than old one?

14. hamster

hamster Rookie

Dec 8, 2013
    It's sharper looking and stiffer ride than the original. I didn't like the front or the back of the old Cali. The new style is more pleasing to my eyes. It has more torque and it is faster.

15. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    LOL...similar to: Loaded minivan or Lotus exige...which to get? Advice needed, TIA.

OP - very different cars. Our opinions won't matter.

16. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    #16 RickLederman, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    We will see if it is actually better ... the sound is may be more important than the power and with the turbo who knows what it will sound like. There has been only one post of one driving around a trade show, unimpressive. Look what turbocharging did to F1, puke.

Rick

17. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I am pretty sure there will be a convertible version of the Huracan.

Don't know if it will be a soft-top like the Gallardo vs. folding hard-top

As far as a "daily driver", many Gallardos were used as daily drivers too.

18. hamster

hamster Rookie

Dec 8, 2013
    Good point Rick. I wonder what it will sound like. I decided to get both and will get rid of the 991.

19. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    For me a daily driver needs to have a rear view and although I have not been a Huracan yet, most Lambo's I have seen have zero rear visibility. Both my Cali and my FF have great rear and side visibility making them much easier to drive in traffic and to reverse in your average parking lot.

Rick

20. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Just watched a review of the Aventador roadster on Fifth Gear. No power top. the two panels have to be removed by hand and stowed in the front boot. Takes about 2 minutes with practice.

21. hamster

hamster Rookie

Dec 8, 2013
    I know. I test drove one just recently. I was going to pull the trigger on it. My dealer has a roadster coming in for August delivery (2015 model). It's mine if I want it. I can still change the spec if I make a move now.

22. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    The Cali T is pretty snug, but the Huracan is too cramped for me. Excessively angled windshield and low roofline doesn't help.

You're on a Ferrari forum, so you're going to get a majority of pro-Ferrari responses. Ask on a Lambo or independent forum as well.

I would choose the California. Better in-car technology, more spacious, better boot space, and you can drop the top. Ferrari also has a 7 year service plan included and starting from now a 12 year powertrain warranty if I'm correct.

Not to mentioned the carbon fiber "maze" finish in the Huracan which is the ugliest damn option I have ever seen.

23. hamster

hamster Rookie

Dec 8, 2013
    Thanks for your input Maranello. People here bash me by saying OP doesn't know the difference between the two cars and just a badge whole. I ignore the nonsense and read the posts people who really understand the Cali and why they enjoy their cars. This gives me a better understanding about the Cali and what to expect from Cali T.

24. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    I don't judge unless someone give me a reason to. On an online forum no question is too stupid. If people d, on't like the question, then ignore the post.

My best tip is to not only listen to people on forums. It can be very helpful in establishing the practical and user-sourced facts of a car, but don't take anybody's word on how a car drives et cetera. Drive the car yourselves, because people have different opinions. The absolute worst thing you can do is rely on car reviews, especially those that are on television.

Go and test drive the Cali T before you make your mind up. Perhaps the driving dynamics of the car suit you better than the Huracan. I've not yet driven the Huracan but I was very disappointed with the view and seating position. For the record I'm a little over 6'1".