Leasing | FerrariChat

Leasing

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by johnjstewart, May 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnjstewart

johnjstewart Rookie

May 6, 2008
    York
    Full Name:
    John Stewart
    I am moving to San Francisco and sadly my F430 Spider will have to stay in the UK. As Im here for 2 years, I don't plan to sell it so won't have capital to buy a Ferrari her but I do have disposable income to lease something. The US lease market seems much more open than the UK - can anyone offer any thoughts about leasing a California either new or used.

I need something for a 2 year minimum maybe 3.

Thanks

2. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #2 MalibuGuy, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
    Don't be sad about not driving your F430 in SF. I've heard that the steep hills eat up F-1 clutches!

I am not sure that any Ferrari even a Cali is a good match for SF.

Maybe some FChatters from that city by the bay can comment on a good fun daily driver for you next 2-3 years

3. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Lease a California. No problems even with SF hills.

4. johnjstewart

johnjstewart Rookie

May 6, 2008
    York
    Full Name:
    John Stewart
    Heading over to Marin today for a quick look see......

5. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just leased a 2014 California through Ferrari Financial. I got a GREAT rate. It was easy to get done and very little down payment. I would have a chat with the guys up there at Ferrari of SV. They are really nice and very knowledgable. Good Luck. BTW - LOVE LOVE LOVE my Cali. It is awesome!

6. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    New or used? Closed end or open ended? How long is the term?

7. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    I leased my California from Ferrari Financial Services. It was really simple, fast, done through the dealership and I actually got a GREAT interest rate. Although my car was "used" (660 miles on the Odometer) I was able to get new car rates which are MUCH cheaper than used car rates. Not sure if they do that as a policy, but if they do, it's really worth it. I have a 5 year terms, open ended, 5K miles a year if that helps.

8. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.

Doesn't open ended scare you if the car gets a negative car fax report or if the value drops out?

9. onefastdoc

onefastdoc Rookie

Oct 11, 2012
    Hi there. My buddy is just about to lease a Cali T and the terms don't seem that great to me. Would you mind sending me a pm which outlines the lease that you were able to get?

Thank you.