Inertia Sensor Location... | FerrariChat

Inertia Sensor Location...

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by GNALUZU, May 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    So, in case any of you ever get a warning on the dash that the Inertia Sensor has been tripped, here is where you can find it.

First off, the inertia sensor will kill the fuel pump and set off the 4 way blinkers, so you can't start the car. Was getting the car washed yesterday when this all happened.

To find the sensor, move the driver's seat all the way back, and up. Near the front portion under the seat, in the middle, there should be a button. That is how you reset the sensor.

2. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    great information, thank you !

3. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Interesting. On a RHD 2009 Cali, I drove through the Swiss Border returning from Maranello and was given the third degree including a full car check and dog search. After 30 mins we were allowed to leave, but the car would not start much to gawkers amusement. Finally after a call to Ferrari and an hours frustration, we found the sensor switch which clearly one of the customs officers checking the car had discovered and thought he had stumbled on a secret compartment. It was in the footwell of the passenger side, just where the passenger would brace their feet against the firewall. So maybe it is different on earlier cars?

4. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Stumbled upon?...Hardly.

I bet the customs official tripped the switch on purpose for his amusement.

He got the last laugh after all. (Unfortunately some people aren't nice)

5. charliem561

charliem561 Guest

Jun 4, 2013
    My limited experience relates to my own 2010 Cal. I thought the fuel button had to do with re-set for a roll-over sensor and the Inertia Sensor was the side impact sensor mounted in the doorlatch
    pillar. I have untold issues, with no answer from the local dealer, at some expense. Did the dash memo say "What" ? Looking for help with a readout of crazy prompts - "AVH/CST/ Magnettino/ FrSeat Heater/ Etc. Comes and goes with attendant HP loss. ???????