California 30 - 2 issues, any advice ? | FerrariChat

California 30 - 2 issues, any advice ?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by mattman, Jun 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mattman

mattman Karting

Jun 7, 2014
    Hi there

Had my 2012 California 30 for 3 weeks now and loving it.

This weekend I had a couple of issues (maybe related ?) and thought I would share with any other owners in case you have seen anything similar or have any advice.

Saturday, once on slowing to a stop at some lights, the car lost power and engine cut (effectively like a stall). I restarted engine and all fine - it had happened the first weekend I had the car, but nothing showed in ECU log etc for any error when the dealer checked.

Sunday, I start getting an engine management control failure warning - go to dealer. The car feels and drives fine, but the warning light is persistent after restarts etc. Checked the usual eg. Fuel cap in correctly etc.

Car goes back to (official Ferrari UK) dealer on Saturday for a week so they can investigate - is under warranty for another 2 years, and was a ferrari approved used car, so not concerned there, but never the less disappointing and just keen to figure out what might be at fault.

I will also share with you when I find out from dealers next week.

2. Ron4pro

Ron4pro Karting

Oct 21, 2013
    Arizona
    Sorry to hear the troubles on your Cali....

Read some of 4th_Gear's posts around battery failures. With your car at 2 years old, it could be the battery causing these errors. Are you using your battery tender regularly?

3. mattman

mattman Karting

Jun 7, 2014
    Thanks - will check that out and also give dealer a nudge to check this too.

No, not using the conditioner at the moment as my garage is out of action (building skip on the drive) - so that prob doesn't help.

4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
  5. Super50

Super50 Rookie

Aug 31, 2014
    Is the standard factory warranty 3 years or 4 years?