DTC list | FerrariChat

DTC list

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by mattman, Jul 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mattman

mattman Karting

Jun 7, 2014
    Does anyone have, or know a source of, DTC error codes for the Cali (2012 Cali 30).

I have bought an OBDII reader to identify the Engine Management Control Warning I have at the moment, was interested in interpreting what I find before the car goes to the dealer at the weekend.

Cheers

BPAC likes this.
  2. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
  3. mattman

mattman Karting

Jun 7, 2014
    Thanks !

I'll post what I find in here too.

Cheers

4. ConnyF

ConnyF Karting

Jun 27, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Conny
    mattman, can you show us a picture of the OBD reader you use?

5. mattman

mattman Karting

Jun 7, 2014
    #5 mattman, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sure - this is the OBD2 reader I used - worked a treat. Spoke to Ferrari technician and gave them the code, they advised that can happen when I push the car too hard without letting the engine warm up first - advised to reset the code and see if it comes back, in which case bring to the dealer. But was great to be able to read the code and get quick advice from ferrari as to whether it was serious or not. I bought the unit online in the Uk, you connect with an iPhone, very easy to use.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. mattman

mattman Karting

Jun 7, 2014
    #6 mattman, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. ConnyF

ConnyF Karting

Jun 27, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Conny
    Does the Software work with any OBD2 car?
    Could you choose the car, before the software started searching for errors?

8. mattman

mattman Karting

Jun 7, 2014
    Yes, You can setup multiple cars. I setup a profile for a Ferrari (did not have a california option so guess just the common ferrari codes are explained in detail). So should work with any OBD car I think.

9. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    I do not know enough about the system, however, if a car has a error code, should the car not be checked by the dealer to determine the cause? It is easy to clear, however, what if there was a underlying issue ?

10. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    That's brilliant! :D

11. mattman

mattman Karting

Jun 7, 2014
    #11 mattman, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    The Ferrari technician was pretty confident that it was not serious, and that I should only make the effort to bring the car back if the error code came back after reset, being careful to let the engine warm up to operating temp before driving the car hard. As the car drives normally and felt normal, I was happy with this approach, rather than no car all weekend and a trip to the dealers, who might just reset the error anyway and give the same advice.

I drove 100 miles or so over the weekend, no issues and no return of the error code so happy for now.

Cheers

Ds599 likes this.
  12. Otto1

Otto1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2019
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Otto Rivera
    Doed any one has list of the errors codes for a California 30 2014

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
  14. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    On this side of the pond it means Diagnostic Trouble Code. Or are you just trolling us this Sunday morn?

On a more serious note,someone wants to remove his Portofino battery and isn't sure if it will lift out through the small access hole. Do you know?