My Cali-T order | FerrariChat

My Cali-T order

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by 612scag, Jul 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    Guys, I have put in my order for the new Cali-T! I have an October Build so car should be here in late November. I went with the sporty look and spec'ed out with the following appearance items:

- Rossa Corsa Exterior
    - Cuoio Interior
    - 20 inch Diamond finish wheels
    - Sports exhaust
    - Standard grill (no chrome)

Really loved the pictures of the Rosso Corsa car from the Toronto pictures just posted by 4th gear so really excited that I went with the look I did! Agree with the comments from NOT4One re: choice of the grill: I also think that the standard no chrome grill goes best for the sporty look with the 20 inch diamond finish wheels. Chrome (especially full chrome) will go better with a car that is spec'ed with elegance in mind.

612scag

2. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014

Will be an awesome car. Did you debate the new beige tradizione and cuoio before choosing the later?

3. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    I thought about both but I love the richness of the Cuoio color. It is my absolute favorite interior color on a Ferrari so I decided to go with it. My 458 spider had the same Rosso Corsa/Cuoio combo which I absolutely loved. So decided to stick with the same theme! :)

4. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    That is going to be beautiful!!

I love the Cuoio also.

5. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    It will look great. Congrats. I debated the same thing for my new 458 Italia. In my case, I decided to go with rosso corsa with the new beige tradizione and castoro carpets. I chose beige tradizione because it is darker and richer than the previous beige. I really wanted a very classic Ferrari look. Still, I love cuoio as well. It was a tough decision. I am just waiting on my allocation and I am so excited.

6. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    Thanks! I debated Rosso Scuderia for a bit for the external color but I felt it may not go with the Cuoio interior as well as Corsa. And I was already sold on Cuoio by that time so the external color choice became easy. I think the new Rosso California will also go well with Cuoio but Rossa Corsa is more traditional Ferrari and more to my tastes.

7. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    Congrats! That will be an awesome car. I do like the new beige tradizione much better than the earlier Beige. My current 2010 California has the old Beige and the new Beige just looks so much richer (at least in the pictures).

8. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    Wise choice on rosso corsa.

9. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    Curious what color carpeting you are getting.

10. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    Nothing quite like it in my view. I have done black, TDF blue, Pozzi Blue and Pearl Gialo as well but keep reverting back to Rosso Corsa!

This will be my 5th Rosso Corsa Ferrari so definitely my favorite color! :)

11. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    Keeping it black. Going for the two tone black and cuio look through the whole car. I have custom spec'ed the stitching to adhere to the same theme as well.

12. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    Sounds great

13. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    It's interesting how they have done the interior in the new Cali. They merge the chosen interior color with black on the dash to give a two tone type look. Also the black seat back with the Cuoio seat keeps the same theme and looks really nice in the pictures. The black car in the Toronto pictures thread highlights this really nicely. To that I added stitched Cavallinos in Black on the Cuio seats, black stitching on Cuoio surfaces and Cuoio stitching on black surfaces. Should hopefully be a great look!

14. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    Very well thought-out GT

15. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    I ordered the same deviated stitching, Black on Cuio and Cuio on Black with spc2, i just hope it happens correctly :) You say October build, is that October allocation ?

16. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    I hope so too! I am doing spc2 as well. What color is your exterior?

My order says October delivery but I think that is the same as October Build/Allocation. The dealer expects the car to show up at the dealership in late Nov/early Dec.

17. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    My Exterior will be Nero Daytona Metallic, with yellow shields and calipers, in yellow on the outside :)

18. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    Beautiful config! Pretty close to the black demo car from the Toronto pictures. Since mine is Rosso Corsa, i have spec'ed red calipers. And I have the 'must have' shields as well!

What wheels did you get? :)

19. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    I went a little crazy and ordered the 20" diamond finish :)

20. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    So did I! That's the way to fly if you want the really sporty look. I did the standard (black) grill without any chrome to stay with the sport theme.

21. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    i did the chrome edges, as i thought it looked great :)

22. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    I am supposedly white 20. Can anyone confirm if these are the build status codes and apprx how long it takes to go from one to the other?

10 - Orders accepted (Red 10 = No Changes)
    20 - Chassis assembly (at Scaglietti)
    30 - Painting
    40 - Assembly line (dash/wiring/interior/options)
    50 - Assembly line (engine/transmission)
    60 - Finishing
    70 - Testing (road/track)
    85 - Storage
    90 - Water (intransit)
    92 - PDI completed
    93 - Shipping to dealers
    94 - Dealer stock
    94 - Red - retailed
    95 - Submit

23. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    agrun, which dealer did you purchase from ?

24. mtarvydas

mtarvydas Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2011
    On the Mountain
    Full Name:
    Martin Tarvydas
    I had heard that the sport exhaust actually restricts the exhaust diameter and changes the sound. No solid confirmation but I went with no sport exhaust and the pipes do look wider in the opening

25. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    Chrome edges look terrific too! The full chrome seems more suited for the elegant look from the pictures that I have seen while no chrome or chrome edges would better suit the sport look. Just my own view of course! YMMV.