new california T build | FerrariChat

new california T build

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Asif1680, Jul 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Asif1680

Asif1680 Rookie

Dec 29, 2013
    Anyone know anything about the additional cd reader for the cali T?? It says it's no cost but why does one need it and is it in the trunk or on the front infomation system??

Also what are people's thoughts on getting homelink and inner and/or outer dimming?

Thanks!

2. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Per the ordering guide:

The additional CD-player is fitted in the dashboard glove pocket and reproduces traditional music CDs as well as CDs in MP3 format.
    Additional CD reader (Modis Code CDRE) no extracost

3. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I ordered it since otherwise there is no CD player and you have to rip a CD to your iPod or a USB stick. I may or may not use it, but sometimes I like to listen to books on CD when traveling, so I like to have the option. Especially for one time or very occasional listening. For me, home link is a must so I don't have to clutter things up with remotes. It should be standard.

John

4. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    They have not put my comic books on the CD, so I did not order it :)

5. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I'll order it for the occasional CD listen as well... will probably go unused 90% of the time, but whatever.

6. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    I got the CD reader. Also I really like having home link so got Homelink with both inside and outside electrochromatic mirrors

7. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #7 Udaverea, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My dealer sent me this pic of the CD Reader in the 2015 Cali T glove box in their demo car. I hope this helps with people's questions about how it is configured.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login