My first month with a Ferrari - with pix:) | FerrariChat

My first month with a Ferrari - with pix:)

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by SuperMagnetMan, Aug 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SuperMagnetMan

Jul 4, 2014
    #1 SuperMagnetMan, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, its hard to believe but it has been over a month since I joined the wonderful world of Ferrari Owners - WOW! It is a new White 2014 Ferrari California with Beige interior and 20 inch Forged Diamond Rims and the Scuderia Ferrari Shields. Her name is Fiona:)

Enjoy the pix I have so far with me picking it up at Boardwalk Ferrari in Plano, Texas. Lindsey went over all the details and things I needed to know then I drove it all the way back to Hoover, Alabama (near Birmingham) and loved EVERY minute of the 650 mile trip. Both of my daughters have driven it and both sons in laws:). I have created dozens of new Ferrari enthusiasts by taking them for their first ride. I learned quickly to always pose the car so others can get their photos by it while I am shopping, eating or working. I have learned to smile and wave as passing cars slow down to get their photos.

I have already had a couple of very special occasions with it - took a 12 year handicapped boy for a ride only to find out that he had arrived at Cars and Coffee that morning with hopes of seeing my white Ferrari - that was cool. Got asked to take it to another friend's ranch so a group of Autistic kids could see it and get their picture taken with it.

After all this I wonder how in the world other Ferrari owners can have a car like this and not drive it. I have tried sitting in the garage and looking at it and seeing what kind of thrill I get and compared it to driving it - No Contest:) Driving it is like nothing else - it is AWESOME!!! I am proud to have put 2,800 wonderful miles on it in the first month!

What is really cool is that half the people who see it do not really know what type of car it is, but come up to me and tell me it is the most beautiful car they have ever seen. I understand there are a few other Ferraris in Birmingham area but most apparently do not get out much. I will never understand the level of self control it must take to have one and not drive it.:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Great looking!

Car's not bad either! 8^)

SV

3. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Sir, it is safe to say that you "get it". To be fortunate enough to afford such a luxury and generous enough to share is commendable. May you never lose the schoolboy enthusiasm ... So nice to read a post the truly defines the reason for these cars to exist and not once did you mention 0 to 60 times! Can anyone imagine any GTR owner writing a post like this? Ferrari is about emotion and I would encourage anyone who posts a "should i buy a this or a Ferrari" message to visit this thread and then they will know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. mjc_123

mjc_123 Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2010
    NYC - Long Island
    great looking car, sir, and great post as well. based on photos only of the the new Cali-T, I still prefer the look of the non-T California, which I do get much pleasure from just looking at. but, your post just inspired me to drive the car today!

5. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    That is awesome. Congrats and enjoy it in health!

6. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yeah, it's great to share a bit of the car's positive energy with people, especially young fans and pretty female ones… close up :). Bus drivers just love to ask "wanna trade?" when they pull up alongside (much easier to do with the top down). I always pause a bit… before answering. "Er, not today. Thanks."

I have to pick up an order from the kitchen shop and Home Depot in a few minutes. Good excuse for another drive while Summer's still here. Enjoy your new girlfriend!

7. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    What a great story ! Beautiful Car !

8. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    Congrats on the car.

We have a good friend who lives in Hoover who is also the President of the FCA there....he's crazy over the car(s) and also races his Challenge car. One of the nicest people on earth, and I think he drives his car(s) to work, so he's around, plus I think he organizes drives and events locally. He might be at Barber this weekend....He's always recruiting for his FCA Chapter, make him buy you a beer and listen to his pitch! (BTW he has a Cali as well)

9. SuperMagnetMan

Jul 4, 2014
    Thanks for the info. Maybe I will see him soon. I will be tied up for the next 2 or 3 weekends but should be free after that. Is he on the Ferrari Chat?
    I am quite interested in getting over to Barber's but I will want to go through a couple of driving courses before I think of getting mine on their track:) I would love to know about drives in the area. Any opportunity to drive my Cali is a great day:) Thanks again for replying.

10. SuperMagnetMan

Jul 4, 2014
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words. The car really is an amazing experience for me. I started wanting a Ferrari when i was 7 years old and now, 50 years later I have one. I even had a Berlinetta Boxer 512 framed on my desk before I had kids. I loved the Ferrari motto in the 80s - "What the mind can conceive,man can achieve." Its great to find so many other Ferrari aficionados in this forum.

11. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    He is but unsure how often. He's in the FCA Directory - Kirk Brown. I'd rather not post his contact info online, but he may see this and chime in...or PM me.

12. alexm

alexm F1 Veteran

Sep 6, 2004
    Coast up from Sydney
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Super cool story.. patience is well and truly rewarded and excellent move to share so freely!

13. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    Lady in skirt. Yes please.

Nice car too, btw. Enjoy it.

14. Tireman

Tireman Karting

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Someone who really does "get it"
    How refreshing and inspiring.. Fabulous!!!

15. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Yeah, Lindsey could sell me anything she wanted to...

16. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    The most memorable times I have had with my Ferraris have always been when I have shared them - especially with those less fortunate from a health standpoint. Great work.
    Congrats

17. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have had my 360 for 3 months now. I've got you by a few miles but it took me longer. I feel the same way you do. People light up when I actually let them sit in it to get their picture taken. If you didn't want to "show off" the car (I mean that in a good way) why buy a Ferrari. Congrats and she is beautiful.

18. Andrew 912

Andrew 912 Karting

Dec 18, 2010
    USA
    Full Name:
    AES
    Congrats Sir, I put so much respects to the gentlemen like you…. May God Bless and give you health so you can continue what you are doing. Salute….

19. billwest

billwest Karting

Feb 28, 2008
    AL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Congrats on the new car! Sent you a PM -

Bill

20. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    Fantastic post and beautiful pictures! Hope you get to enjoy your dream for a very long time to come! Congrats!

21. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    my Cali was picked up from Boardwalk today and is en route...