California service ok for tropical island with no dealer? | FerrariChat

California service ok for tropical island with no dealer?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by mbaldyga, Aug 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mbaldyga

mbaldyga Rookie

Aug 31, 2014
    Guam
    Full Name:
    Mark B
    Hi folks. First post here. I live on Guam. Tropical paradise in Asia. U.S. Territory. Only dealer here is BMW/Range Rover so I have a 650i, 750Li and RR sport. There's a decent European service shop w a Porsche master mechanic. Always wanted a ferrari. Concerned about reliability, service and ground clearance. No highway. Speed limit 35-45. Road repairs be a bit bumpy although mostly ok. Scrape my 650i bottom only very rarely but it has 122mm clearance.

I'll use for daily driving but I live 2 mi from work and it's a small island I rotate cars so maybe 5000 mi/yr.

Options are a used 458, used or new Cali or maybe new Maserati GT. I love the exterior of the 458 and interior of a GT. 2 seats is fine. I'll take a hit on resale but maybe not much more than my 650i which was $110k new and I'll get $40k now 3 years later.

Drove the Cali. Nice car but I like the look of the 458 and the interior of the Maserati GT.

Any suggestions or thoughts for me on which way to go for reliability given no dealer service and road conditions etc?

Thanks much
    Mark

2. Super50

Super50 Rookie

Aug 31, 2014
    Doesn't sound like it will be easy to get warranty work or service done for you.
    Also, if you can only go 35-40 mph, it won't be much fun anyway. Pot holes will kill the suspension and wheels at speed.