Back seat | FerrariChat

Back seat

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Rbwiii, Sep 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Looking to buy a California. Was the back seat a option or was the luggage tray an option?

Thanks

2. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    luggage tray is an option

3. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Ok, thanks. If the option was chosen, was luggage available? Was it an additional option

4. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Back seat is standard, if you want a non back seat that is the option :) not sure of the code

5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yes and yes. Luggage set for bench was CAD3,710 for 2013 Canadian Cali30.

6. GFD

GFD Karting

Aug 24, 2014
    Northern California
    Is there any advantage not having a seat in the back? One can always place a suitcase on it…why pay extra for a bench?
    I always thought the back seats were there for insurance purposes anyway, and for little people.

7. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    IMO, historically-speaking, benches are "cool" - means the car is for adult(s), no kids. Backseats for toddlers and "little people"… nice, but not really a jet set image.

8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Californias with rear seats have fold down shelves that provide a flat surface for placing luggage, so really, best of both worlds. Also, I can fit two 20" international size roller board carry-ons side by side in the trunk (they vary in size by manufacturer, but my Ducati-themed Tumis fit).

9. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Ahh.

Just ran into this issue yesterday. I have back seats in my '10. I needed to transport something long and I thought I could pop down the seats to slide the object through from the trunk. I tried pulling on these leather tabs to bring the seat down & no good. I pulled manual and only found a small reference to a latch that I could not figure out how to use or even if I had the ability. I gave up and did something else.

So ques: Did I do it wrong or does my car possibly not have this option?

10. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    To lower the shelves, you first need to pull on the grey plastic latches inside the trunk. They are not very obvious and unmarked. I don't have a pic handy but I seem to recall instructions in the owners manual showing their location. Once those latches are pulled, you can pull down the shelves by the leather tabs inside the passenger compartment. I don't know if once that is done, you can pass long things through the trunk, as my access is blocked by my aftermarket amp and sub.

11. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    No obvious tabs in the trunk. The pic in the manual shows a latch mechanism but I did not see it in mine when I looked unless it was hidden behind these from fitted decorative covers that needed to be removed first, idk.

Anyway I solved my problem by reclining the front passenger seat all the way and transporting the item that way.
    Thx