LA Photoshoot: Babes in Bikinis...Need advice | FerrariChat

LA Photoshoot: Babes in Bikinis...Need advice

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by buzzpics, Sep 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. buzzpics

buzzpics Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2013
    Frisco Tx
    So, I'll be coming to LA in November. Looking to shoot some models in bikinis for the company I am a minority owner in. One model offered her place in Marina Del Rey for a shoot. I'm looking for other ideas that are secluded, wont have a million people in the background, and offer a beautiful view/clean beach, preferably within a reasonable (30 min) driving distance. Any ideas?

Also, I was thinking about shooting at Santa Monica Pier at sunrise. How would this idea work with the normal tide? and the amount of people there at (lets say 7am).

2. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    You have a really tough job, my friend.

Best

3. buzzpics

buzzpics Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2013
    Frisco Tx
    Crap, wrong forum. I'm all dopey on benadryl tonight. If a mod could move this to the Cali regional forum that would be awesome.

In regards to your comment Phil, I wish it was a full time job, but it's just something that occupies me one weekend a month, and usually for about 20-30 mins a day while I pack orders. Someday I'll earn enough money from it I can quit my day job.

4. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Santa Monica Pier at sunrise? As the sun comes up over the San Bernardino mountains might not be that dramatic.

5. buzzpics

buzzpics Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2013
    Frisco Tx
    More so trying to avoid the beach being packed people than anything else.

6. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    From Marina Del Rey, go north on 1 (PCH) through Santa Monica to Will Rogers Beach (the home of Baywatch and other shows that use a broad beach and have a parking lot along its length). I think you can still turn into the main parking lot at Temescal Canyon Road, and then pick a spot down the lot where you can park on the pavement with the full beach and ocean in your background.

Approaching Santa Monica, you have to navigate onto the I-10 as it ends and makes a hard right turn along the coast; otherwise, its tough to get lost.

IF you go early (very early) traffic won't be that bad (in an LA sense hahaha).

7. teej

teej Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2009
    Pacific Palisades
    +1 I drive by that beach every AM and now that we are past labor day the parking lot and beach are relatively empty. If you shoot to the south you can get a great long curve beach with crashing waves in the background.

Basically take 1 north to Temescal Canyon road, and turn into the parking lot at Temescal (left)

8. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Go to Malibu where there are several small secluded beaches between Pt Dume and Zuma.
    We did a photo shoot at a couple of them on a weekend afternoon and still didn't have many people to shoot around.

9. herenow

herenow Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2014
    US of A
    +1 Malibu

If you haven't been to LA you should know 30min of driving is a very short commute and won't get you very far lol :)

10. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    30 minutes from Marina Del Rey will get you to ... Huntington Beach, or Long Beach, but not any where really nice.

11. buzzpics

buzzpics Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2013
    Frisco Tx
    Yea, I've shot at el matador before. Would be nice, but it was far too crowded by the 3:00 shoot time. Will Rogers has come up a few times before. I just figured the locals might have a "park at this restaurant, jump a fence, and find yourself at a little beach where people seldom visit"

12. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    There's a reason so many movie and TV shoots are done at Will Rogers. The parking lot is huge, so offseason it is rarely crowded. The sand is unobstructed, so no houses or outbuildings to contend with except lifeguard stations. The ocean vista is broad, so you can get a reliable horizon in the background without have to shoot around the topography. And food and restrooms are also convenient, so you don't have to leave if your shoot takes awhile. You can also flip the view and get hills and city in the background if you want.

Not sure if you need a permit for a commercial shoot, or if anyone would check if you did, though. I based my recommendation on 30 mins from MDR; in LA, 30 mins often translates to about 6 miles hahahaha. Give it an hour for Malibu IMHO.

13. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Who has the "this thread is useless without pictures" image??

14. buzzpics

buzzpics Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2013
    Frisco Tx
    #14 buzzpics, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. Peter P

Peter P Karting

Dec 22, 2011
    Boston area
    I'm guessing the one on the left is a California 30 and the one on the right, a California T...I can tell by the improved aerodynamics on the body cladding and the greater "boost" on the top end. :)

16. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Where are the pics of the "models"? LOL

17. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You can use my house if you want. I provide tap water, and KFC..lol

18. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Well spotted.

19. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ”buzzpics...So, I'll be coming to LA in November. Looking to shoot some models in bikinis ....”

Ok, it's almost November, so any pics for all the F-chat assistance? ;-) ...T