Electronic exhaust sound | FerrariChat

Electronic exhaust sound

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by leopoldo, Sep 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Hi guys... after the nice season i am using my car with the top close and i am very surprise about the sound... is very nice!...but there is a problem!:)...is not real! ... i mean it comes from inside of the car, the people outside doesn't earn it :(

2. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Are you driving a Beeeemer? There is no electronic sound in a Cali like BMW or Audi have. You may be hearing the exhaust pipe sounds from under the car? It does sound good with the top up :)

3. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    i have a California T and there is a sound that come only from inside the car, outside is completely different, believe me. maybe is not an electronic sound but is very strange that when u drive the car with the top open u listen much less sound than with the top close.

4. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Could just be the difference in the resonance with the top up versus when it is down you won't get the same sounds. That is how it seems with the Cali 30 I drive...

John

5. rmmcdaniel

rmmcdaniel Karting

Aug 19, 2012
    When I test drove the Cali T last week the FNA rep in the car with me made me pull over and put the top up so I could hear the exhaust sound difference which he said would be better. I asked if it was electronic and he said no. He said the closed cabin helps with the resonance.

6. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Yep, to the last answer, the cabin simply resonates very well. So does my '12 regular California. However, the KAPOW when you shift above 4,000 RPM sounds better with the top down AND a Prius along side :D

7. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    Yup, a Tesla or a Prius alongside makes ALL the difference! :)

8. Ron4pro

Ron4pro Karting

Oct 21, 2013
    Arizona
    Those Tesla S's are fast off the line...I saw one at a stop light and I was shocked how quickly he launched. Of course I know it is instant torque but it is still a 4600lb car. I still beat him but a quick lil bugger that sounds like a ceiling fan

9. ConnyF

ConnyF Karting

Jun 27, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Conny
    Exactly the same with my BMW F01 750i!
    Outside nothing. But in the car "groooooaaarrrr".
    BMW TwinPowerTurbo.
    Maby it's because of the Turbo.....

10. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    Yes, they are quick all right and a bit harder to beat. But brings greater satisfactions as a result when you drown out the ceiling fan with the sound of the Ferrari V8! :)