Close to finalizing a new Cali T order | FerrariChat

Close to finalizing a new Cali T order

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by mguthrie, Oct 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    I am about 2 weeks from finalizing an order for a new Cali T. I have agonized over the many options (and pricing!) while trying to decide what I like and value. Note, I tend to keep my cars for years (400i for 30 years+) and I have no overt sensitivity to speccing for resale value.

Key options:

Pozzi/Cuoio butt still might go for Grigio Silverstone
    Magneride
    Giallo Modena brake calipers
    Chrome grill
    Daytona or diamond seats
    Full electric seats
    Blu embroidered head rest
    Blu medio piping
    Blu medio seat inserts
    Blu medio seatbelts
    Filo speciale blu thick stitching
    Parking camera
    Sport exhaust
    Scuderia shields
    20" forged painted silver rims
    Yellow rev counter
    Leather seat back rest
    Foldable rear seats backrest
    Silver dedication plate
    Carbon fibre steering wheel with leds
    Carbon fibre central bridge
    Blu medio steering wheel
    Alum driver and passenger footrest
    Nero carpets

I am still considering whether to go for:
    Front camera or US view pkge
    Inner color rear upper trim (Couio)
    Leather headliner Couio
    Inner color door panel trim

Declined to consider:
    Hi-power JBL sound system
    Homelink
    Extra CD
    Carbon fibre dash inserts

Soooo...thoughts anyone? Is there anything that you think I would regret if I did not get it? I have seen a few cars on line with my color combos and they look good. I am still pondering whether the blu seat inserts will still look as good to me after a year of ownership. Good to have choices!!!

Mike G.

2. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    U wanna keep tihs car even after the warranty wears off ?

3. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Personally, I think the piping, stitching, embroidered headrests and daytona inserts are too much/too busy. I'd lose 2 of them, or get the diamond seats and lose 1 (probably the piping). On the View package, it's an easy decision in my book as it basically gives you one free option.

Also, my 2 cents is that a metallic like Silverstone, though more common than Pozzi, shows the lines better than a dark non-metallic. If Silverstone I'd probably go with a sportier look and get the diamond rims with either the partial chrome or black grill...the full chrome grill against the grey is only ok to my eye...on the other hand, your bright painted rims and full chrome grill will give an elegant "gentleman's GT" look on Pozzi.

It sounds like you really like blue, so the other big issue with Silverstone is you'll need to rethink the blue as the contrast on the Cuoio...grey can look good with grey carpets and leave the steering wheel black. Having said that, everyone likes what they like...go with what works for you. Good luck!

4. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    matter of tastes, to me blue pozzi sucks to the limit.

5. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    I plan to keep Cali T many years after the warranty wears off if it still feels good. I already have a Tungsten silver Aston Vantage 6sp manual with black interior that I plan to also keep. Need a bit of a color contrast. I do like Blue. My Range Rover is black, BMW is black, Explorer is black, hence, Nero is not an option either. Thanks for the feedback!

6. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    You might think about one of the metallic blues...TDF (no extra charge), or NART or Swatters, both of which are an up-charge. All would show the lines of the car more and go well with your plans for the interior.

7. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    AH wait if the rest of your garage is black then we are in perfect sync

8. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Oops, I should have pointed out that if i went with the Silverstone I would drop the blue and substitute charcoal or grey piping and stiching. The wife likes TDF. Unfortunately the day we saw a Silverstone car was dark, dreary and overcast. The paint looked drab and uninteresting. Probably not the best day to view that color.

9. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Can't go wrong with the TDF in my view. You're not the first person to say that about Silverstone...Ferro is a shade lighter and is more alive in different light conditions...and looks great with that interior, but it is an up charge.

10. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Not4one, thanks for the feedback. You have given me a few things to think about. After viewing a couple of cars in person and many more on line I am leaning toward getting the diamond pattern seats with contrasting stitching and definitely the View package. Still leaning toward the Pozzi but the jury is still out, Marmist notwithstanding. :)

11. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    The car is for YOU, you get what makes YOU feel special ! Take the comments in stride and then choose what you want in this very expensive car. If you love Pozzi, get Pozzi, you are the one who matters.

12. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    All part of the process...fact is this is my third time thru the process (I'm now locked in) and I live in fear that I'll hate my trim choices when I finally see them! Good luck!

13. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    I know, i am second guessing myself, and pray that i got it correct :)

14. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    We went in to order Ferro with Cuoio. Came out with Nurb. Silver and Red Interior. Ha! My wife was so excited about that combo and I like it too. We had great fun and the car will be awesome. Sometimes I think about Ferro and California Red... :D

15. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Thanks Royalpar1. Believe me I know...but I was gently pulling Marmist's chain! I love the collegiality of this site so I dare not disturb it. Hope no offense was taken. BTW, my 1980 400i is Pozzi/Beige with blue seat piping, dash and carpets. 32 years and counting and I still love it! Thanks for all the good counsel.

16. Ron4pro

Ron4pro Karting

Oct 21, 2013
    Arizona
    It used to be you determine someone's personality by the car they drove. But now, its by the color combos of your interior. I had to go look up some of the color combinations you are all getting and I gotta say they all look awesome. I can't wait to see the real pics.