What to do with the 2014???? | FerrariChat

What to do with the 2014????

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by vrdjs, Oct 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    I would really appreciate any advice you all could give me on this. I ordered by 2015 California which is going to arrive in March. I need to figure out what to do with the 2014. Do I try to sell it myself? Do I trade it in? Do I consign it with the dealer? I just really want to know if anyone out there has had any experience in So Cal with trying to do this and how successful they were.

Thanks!

2. letsplay99

letsplay99 Karting

Mar 28, 2013
    Why dont u pre-trade it to your dealer now before the 15 arrives

3. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Agree ! +1, you will get more money now and you will also have the tax savings, If you consign it you will be hit with a CPO fee and dealer commission usually around 6%. Bite the bullet now or enjoy your car for the next 6 months and then do it.

4. GFD

GFD Karting

Aug 24, 2014
    Northern California
    Is keeping the 30 as a DD an option? Best of both worlds....

5. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    If only!!! I love the 30, but I have a Tesla P85 that makes a great DD and costs me exactly 0.0 in gas. And, there's the HOV lane access. Mandatory in So Cal.

6. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    How does a pre trade work?

7. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    same as a regular trade, just that they hold the money until your car arrives

8. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    In my state there is no tax advantage(i.e. no sale tax credit on trade ins) but I took my 2013 in put it on consignment at the dealer priced it fair sold it quickly I wanted to sell it before all the Ts hit the market assuming it would be worth less then so I priced it a little low for the car and now its gone and I am waiting on my new car due in a few weeks....

9. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    No sales tax credit in Calif either.

OP, if you can get a good price now, you'll avoid future depreciation. But then you won't have your 2014 to drive while you're waiting for your new one. :-( I consigned my Calif through my dealer, as I didn't have time to deal with tire-kickers, and it helped my standing with my dealer. I did better than the dealer would have paid on trade.

Good luck.

10. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks all. I finalized the order on the T on Friday and wrote the check. So fingers crossed I get the 14 sold.

11. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    U WILL sell the 2014, it's not a 2010, it's still under warranty and this is the most important thing.

2014 30's are VERY easily sold, as are all one year old Fcars under warranty and with the 7 year program. No need to cross fingers.

12. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
  13. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    As long as you price it right.

Get the trade in value from dealer and work reasonbly up from there. I'm not sure if I read if you get a tax advantage in you state if traded in or not?
    In the end use other web sites as a gauge. Sold my 2010 Cali in less than 3 weeks after posting. Got 4 calls but in reality that's it there were no other buyers out there. The buyer told me he had been looking over 6 months.
    Discerning buyers are out there looking for particular specs and price.
    Good luck