Engine and chassis emboss | FerrariChat

Engine and chassis emboss

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by agustinush777, Oct 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. agustinush777

agustinush777 Rookie

Aug 29, 2014
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    AG
    Hi, I'm Agustinus from Indonesia and i just finalized a purchase of a 2012 rosso corsa Cali. I was wondering if anybody could shed a light on where I can find the embossed engine + chassis number. The reason I asked is becoz we have to submit the imprint of those numbers to the DMV for title transfer. I suppose I can always take it to the dealership and let them do it, but since it's gonna be my 1st Ferrari, I thought I'd get acquainted with it1st.

2. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum. For location of identification plates on American market cars, see page 20 of the English language owners manual, which can be downloaded from All Ferraris.

Please share pictures once you've taken delivery, and I wish you many miles of happy smiles.

3. agustinush777

agustinush777 Rookie

Aug 29, 2014
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    AG
    Thank you S. I will post it once she gets here. One more question, its about the tires. I find this a bit peculiar. Tires are all still the original, but they have a different production year between the fronts and backs. The fronts were 1111, rears were 4809. The difference is 2 yrs???

4. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    You're welcome. Are you sure the tires are all original? In any event, I would have thought the rears would be newer, as they tend to wear more quickly.

5. agustinush777

agustinush777 Rookie

Aug 29, 2014
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    AG
    Ya, I thought it was odd too. The car is 2012, yet the prod date on the rears were 4809. Luckily everything else was registered. Thx again.

6. agustinush777

agustinush777 Rookie

Aug 29, 2014
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    AG
    #6 agustinush777, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017