Finally pulled the trigger on a 2015 Cali T! | FerrariChat

Finally pulled the trigger on a 2015 Cali T!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by mguthrie, Oct 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Order placed and deposit in! This forum had been very informative and helpful. Dealer predicts May delivery. This will be a daily driver for me.

I am still agonizing over the last couple of options but my choices are as follows:

Exterior Tour de France
    Interior Cuoio
    Magneride
    Front grille w/chrome edges
    Giallo brake calipers
    Scuderia shields
    20" silver painted forged wheels
    Sport exhaust
    Yellow rev counter
    Cuoio lower dash
    Cuoio central tunnel
    Cuoio steering wheel
    Cuoio A Pillars
    Cuoio seat backrest
    Regular seats
    Full electric seats
    Special contrast stitching Grigio
    Piping Blu Media
    Prancing Horse Blu Media
    Colored Safety Belts Grigio
    Carbon fiber central tunnel
    Floor mats
    Rear parking camera
    Foldable rear sear backrest
    Aluminum foot rests

I decided to stick with the standard upper dash and doors. I like the contrast with the Cuioi. I am still considering the Premium sound system but do not feel that it will deliver much value to me. The US visibility package may yet make the list.

My wife and I just completed a nearly 2,000 mile trip from Michigan to D.C., the Carolinas, Savannah and on to South Florida in an Aston Vantage. It was comfortable but a bit tight after a week. It would have been nice to do it in a California! Maybe next year.

P.S. DISCLAIMER: I am not worried about resale (have owned a 400i for 32 years), my choices are for my enjoyment only and others' opinions are for entertainment purposes only!

:)

2. Skippy

Skippy Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    I'm contemplating that color combo for a Cali-T also. I saw a 2010 Cali in that combo and it was beautiful. Congratulations! You won't be sorry. I'd upgrade the stereo though. I hear it's finally worth it. I wish I had AFS lights and LEDs in the steering wheel. Those are the two options I'd really like to have on my current California.

3. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Car speck is beautiful !

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Car sounds lovely. Can't wait to see pictures and hear your thoughts on driving it...T

5. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    I actually test drove the T in the WR video along some of the same roads as in the video. I have updated my spec to add two tone seats in Cuoio with Blu Sterling inserts. added the US Visibility package and now that I saw a mention of it on this Forum, I will add contrast stitching on the Prancing Horse in the rear.

I saw a 2014 Cali in TDF/Cuoio at RR/Bentley of West Palm Beach that is almost dead on for my spec except that it has an all Cuoio interior. It has 8,000+ miles. I think it can be purchased for around $200k but I am willing to wait until April to get the 2015 T. I plan to keep it for several years and hey, how can you leave hp on the table?

The wife is now excited too and no longer insists that we sell something. She asked the salesman if could she put regular gas in it! :)

6. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Also I deleted the piping!