Cali T wheel size | FerrariChat

Cali T wheel size

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by CottonTx, Oct 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CottonTx

CottonTx Rookie

Oct 30, 2014
    Dallas + Carmel, Ca
    Full Name:
    RsB
    My first post on this great chat site. I'm going to order a Cali T. In Texas, our roads are awful. I'm concerned about going with 20" or larger wheels. Does anyone offer beautiful 19s? Is that just not the look for this beautiful car?
    Thanks for all the great info here.

2. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Go with the 20's in my opinion....both for looks and resale. I've had a Cali and a 458 with 20's in NY metro area and never had a flat or dented rim. Ok, not using as a daily driver, and you want to avoid the craters, but not as vulnerable as my S63 which blew it's 20's at the very sight of a pot hole (and now runs on 19's).

3. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    I beleive you can order with forged 19, however, take out the wheel insurance, and get the 20s it just looks right.

4. CottonTx

CottonTx Rookie

Oct 30, 2014
    Dallas + Carmel, Ca
    Full Name:
    RsB
    Thanks for the replies. I agree that 20s look more appropriate. I hadn't thought about wheel insurance. Duh! One decision down on my options list. Thanks

5. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    As said, go with the 20's. I've had no problems with 20's that are on my Cali 30 and ordered them in the Cali T!

I didn't know about wheel insurance. Hmmm...

6. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    20" is the largest you can get. Of course, you can get aftermarket wheels in a 21/22" combo. Those will be an issue if the road is bad, and besides. I think it looks terrible. Those wheels look like they belong on a horse drawn wagon or as if a drug dealer owned the car. 245/35R20 is not too bad, but I would not go lower for a GT.
    Personally, I think the Cali looks great with the "old" 19" forged five star wheels, so depending on availability, they could be good option. No matter what, on a uneven bumpy road, wheels with 19" rims will provide a less harsh ride than wheels with 20" rims.

7. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    20" is the largest you can get. Of course, you can get aftermarket wheels in a 21/22" combo. Those will be an issue if the road is bad, and besides. I think it looks terrible. Those wheels look like they belong on a horse drawn wagon or as if a drug dealer owned the car. 245/35R20 is not too bad, but I would not go lower for a GT.
    Personally, I think the Cali looks great with the "old" 19" forged five star wheels, so depending on availability, they could be good option. No matter what, on a uneven bumpy road, wheels with 19" rims will provide a less harsh ride than wheels with 20" rims.

8. Dvdcalifornia

Dvdcalifornia Rookie

Sep 19, 2011
    I just stayed with the 19 inch standard wheels until some good after market wheels come out. And they look less pretty. Five star 20s look just like the ones I had on my Cal. three years ago. They need something new.

9. secondsole

secondsole Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2013
    O-H!
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have 20's, it's fine, just be cautious - and I am in Cleveland, where the roads are awful.I had 20/21 on my 430, even that was ok believe it or not. I do agree, however, the original 19's the Cali had on the 2009's, are awesome.