Down pointing arrow in gear display indicator | FerrariChat

Down pointing arrow in gear display indicator

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by SciFrog, Nov 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    What is that arrow? Near the digital number that indicates the gear number... I can't make it go away...

2. jay575

jay575 Karting

Jul 29, 2009
    St. George Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I think that arrow is there because there are certain recommended shift points that are indicated for each gear. Might be recommended for economy or some other reason. Each gear will have it and if you do not shift at that point, the arrow will disappear and then will be there for the next gerar's shift point.

I don't think it can be deleted.

Jay

3. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    The down arrow signifies that you are in "Auto Easy Exit" gearbox mode. Once you shift using a paddle, you are thereafter in manual shift mode. If you press the Auto button to go back into Automatic gearbox mode, the transmission will automatically shift for you, and if you use a paddle to shift, after a short period of time the gearbox will shift into the gear selected by the transmission and revert to automatic operation.

4. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Pressing the auto button twice made it go away... What is the "Auto Easy Exit" gearbox mode?

5. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    Sorry I wasn't clearer. Auto Easy Exit mode means that you start out in Auto mode, but when you shift using the paddle, you are no longer in Auto mode. Exiting Auto was as Easy as pulling the paddle. Although pushing the Auto button would not have been that difficult either.

Whereas if you are in Auto mode, shifting using the paddle will immediately shift gears, but after a few seconds you will revert to Auto mode and the transmission will select for you what it thinks is the proper gear (usually 7 if you are going faster than 37 mph on a level surface without placing a load on the engine).

Hope this helps to clarify.

6. Ron4pro

Ron4pro Karting

Oct 21, 2013
    Arizona
    Just another note to clarify...

You only go into Auto Easy exit mode when you turn off the Cali while in manual mode. FYI