Manettino Sticker for the California Now Available from MAcarbon | FerrariChat

Manettino Sticker for the California Now Available from MAcarbon

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by johnb@macarbon, Nov 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnb@macarbon

johnb@macarbon Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    #1 johnb@macarbon, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As part of our upcoming carbon steering wheel program for the California, we recently reproduced the manettino sticker for the California wheel. This sticker is unique to the California and not shared with any of the other Ferrari model.

If your sticker is bubbled or scratched, your only option with Ferrari is to buy a new $7500 steering wheel. Ferrari does not sell it by itself.

Or you can go with our new sticker!

This photo shows the sticker installed in our carbon wheel center. If you have been thinking of doing a carbon wheel for your California but don't want to spend that $7500 the factory wants, give us a call. We'll release details on the wheel program this week.

Pricing is on our site: Ferrari California Manettino Sticker

Installation is straightforward. You will need to remove the manettino lever and peel off the old sticker. Then the surface is cleaned of any remaining residue. Finally the new sticker is applied and the lever reinstalled. We have a complete install guide on our site.

Here is a link to the install guide. The process is the exact same as for the 430 wheel showin in the guide. http://cdn.macarbon.com/install_guides/ferrari/Ferrari_430_458_599_California_Manettino_Sticker_Installation.pdf
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Does Ferrari allow reproducing their original design elements, for commercial use?

3. ConnyF

ConnyF Karting

Jun 27, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Conny
    I don't want to know the answer of this question!

Great work @ MACARBON

4. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Does MACarbon have available a sticker for the reverse button as well as the ones on either side of reverse button

5. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    Party pooper

6. johnb@macarbon

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    We've been asked to look at buttons before. The 'challenge' is that the membrane on the button itself breaks down. I guess we could make an adhesive disk similar to the manettino sticker but I'm not sure how it would then feel. We have a set of Cali console buttons at the shop and I'll take a look tomorrow.

As for reproducing the sticker, others have done the AC panels and tachometers. I know there was some issue when the prancing horse was put on the tachs but once that was removed, the company has been selling them pretty openly. So I don't think our manettinos will be a problem. I hope!

7. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    I don't want to sound like an a**hole, but I would double check to be certain whether or not Ferrari has some form of design protection on what you're producing.

8. charliem561

charliem561 Guest

Jun 4, 2013
    Here's one that's close to what you guys apparently do. I have a 2010 California and the near rectangular black plastic cover on the left driver's window switch has gone away.
    Can it be replaced, or will I have to buy the entire console, as is often the Ferrari way ?
    charliem561

9. charliem561

charliem561 Guest

Jun 4, 2013
    I have a 2010 California and the black plastic face for the driver's door window switch has fallen off and disappeared. Is it available, or will I have to buy a new Ferrari ?

10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I think you have to buy a whole new interior... It's cheaper to just get a new Ferrari...

11. johnb@macarbon

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    The panel for the window switch could probably be made. But then it would be difficult to match the other three switch inserts. A new switch unit looks to be about $500. Putting them in is not that fun though. We usually ship our CF console with the switch unit installed. Getting the little rocker switches off is a bit of a bear. But let me know and we can check the actual cost.

12. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Check deep in the ashtray. Happened to me

13. Ferrari Newspaper

Aug 1, 2007
    Asia
    Full Name:
    Tifosi
    Hi guys at Macarbon, this is great work and thanks for helping our community. Just searched this topic and found this thread as well as your website. I just have 2 simple questions: (1) for the Manettino sticker, does it matter whether it's a Right Hand Drive vs. a Left Hand Drive car, and (2) i see that you also made Ferrari steering wheel LED unit and do you sell just the plastic screen cover instead of the entire LED unit (i saw on your website) that there's only a whole set for sale?

14. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    Thanks MAcarbon, you guys do great work. I got a set of your climate control buttons fan/temp for my Porsche 997 and they are great. Now looking at your CF center bridge and radio surround for my Cali T to complete the look.

15. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I do not believe they are sponsors here any longer.