DCT rumors | FerrariChat

DCT rumors

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by OldPhart, Dec 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OldPhart

OldPhart Rookie

Nov 20, 2014
    So I've been reading various forums and have seen a couple places where they speak of the DCT going after about 30k miles. Any insight? Was it just the early builds? I'm two months from purchasing a used but am having second thoughts if I'm going to get hit with a $15k+ repair bill in the future. Really want to go with the California.

2. secondsole

secondsole Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2013
    O-H!
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Nah...there are actually a LOT of Cali's out there with miles...no worries. It's a great tranny made by the best. Don't sweat it! Ferrari rumors abound, it gets annoying. I've had 4, and love my Cali...they all have quirks, but it's all good. Even with a new one, a CEL will come on eventually, is what it is.

3. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    I've got 41k mi on mine. No issues so far

4. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    My first Cali had almost 30,000 miles on it when I sold it, second has 25,000+ miles and my FF has 46K I think and no DTC problems at all. Yes, there have been a couple guys here with trouble, but most have had no problems at all. And I drive mine very hard :D, took an old friend out for a spirited drive this morning in fact. He about crapped and I am still smiling. No worries on the trannie.

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    They are rebuilding them now so that has cut down on having to spring for a replacement. Rebuilds have been in the $10-15K region, so still not cheap, but better than a replacement.

6. ConnyF

ConnyF Karting

Jun 27, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Conny
    Replacement was 30 grand, right?

Which german Fcar dealers are able to rebuild the DCT?

7. OldPhart

OldPhart Rookie

Nov 20, 2014
    Thanks. That's kind of what I thought. If it was systemic I think there would be more of a response from the mothership.

8. SpykerBAS

SpykerBAS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    B. Sokolow
    Mine had to be completely rebuilt at around 16k miles. $30k, yes, but covered by warranty. I'd never buy a DCT car without the warranty.