Any advice re. purchase of a preowned Cali with Novitec options on it?d | FerrariChat

Any advice re. purchase of a preowned Cali with Novitec options on it?d

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Berold, Dec 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Berold

Berold Rookie

Dec 11, 2014
    I have a downpayment on a 2013 ferrari california that includes the following options:

Extras that have been added:

Novitec Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Novitec Exhaust System

Novitec Black out Side Markers

Novitec ECU Tuning

Lowered Suspension

Black Exhaust Tips

HRE Monoblock P40 Lightweight wheels

The dealer has told me that the Novitec products were put on the car by a Ferrari dealer. So, the original 20 inch diamond finish sport wheels have been replaced with HRE mono block P40 lightweight wheels (all black with ferrari center caps), the exhaust tips were changed to Novitec black tips, it has a carbon fiber spoiler on back, ECU tuning, etc.

will these features detract from the value of the car, because the car does not have all ferrari parts? Or - will these features add value?

With regard to the lowered suspension - is this a good thing, or am I going to be at risk of scraping the bottom every time I pull into a parking lot, or go over a speed bump? They said they can raise the suspension to that of a typical California, but I'm wondering if the lowering and then raising of the suspension will impact the magneride suspension.

Any advice on whether I should move forward with this car, or steps I should take to make sure I have covered all bases in making this purchase would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Gofast430

Gofast430 Karting

Jun 2, 2013
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Don Dearmore
    The only comment I have is that after market parts will usually increase
    the initial selling price of a car, but it is rare to recover that cost on the selling end.
    The parts you list are fairly expensive. Most buyers would prefer to do their own
    mods.

3. Berold

Berold Rookie

Dec 11, 2014
    Thanks! - Appreciate the advice

4. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    i agree with don.
    additionally, vehicles with a long option list may not not reward the seller with increased cash.
    they tend to make the car easier to sell, however.

5. mjw02

mjw02 Karting

Nov 14, 2014
    Rancho Santa Fe
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Buyer beware... worth less than stock car in my honest opinion. Does car come with stock parts too?