What brand gas do you use? | FerrariChat

What brand gas do you use?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by keithos27, Jan 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I will only use premium (93 octane) gas in my Cali T, but was wondering if I should stick to Shell or if that's just a partnership/marketing stuff? Aren't most gasolines the same (I.E. they come from the same lines)? Am I a fool if I pay higher prices for Shell gas then say Quick Trip? Have you guys been told anything by Ferrari? This will be my daily driver...

Thanks,
    Keith

2. Ron4pro

Ron4pro Karting

Oct 21, 2013
    Arizona
    Hey Keith. Out here in AZ there are few gas stations that sell VP racing fuel that is 100 octane. It's not cheap but it does make a difference in my Cali30. It is supposed to have even a bigger impact on blown engines too. I definitely can tell the acceleration difference when going on a on ramp on the freeway. But to answer your question, the fuel does make a difference between shell and quick trip. It's the additives that they add to the fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    in most places, the brand does not mean much for what actually ends up in your tank.
    most of the time the mogas comes from the closest terminal on the pipe, and then each franchisee adds the branded dosage of additives and thats it. they are mostly the same.

100octane+ sellers that you may find are a different story altogether.

4. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    I use Chevron in all my cars. Their additive is very good and they have an extra layer of filtering at the distribution terminals.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I opt for Shell - since my gets a fuel saving deal on their gift cards at Kroger (and she loves a deal!) - for my Porsche. We then put the Kroger fuel in her DD pickup.

In Texas, we can get 93 octane easily, so I opt for that. Does it make a diff? I don't know, but it is more like a good luck talisman than anything else.

I keep this URL handy when traveling, and unless desperate, try to only gas up at these places:

Top Tier Gasoline

T