Just got my first pictures! | FerrariChat

Just got my first pictures!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by mguthrie, Jan 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    I just revisited myferrari.com and noticed that I have my first production pictures!! Soooo...is there a general rule of thumb for how long it takes to move the through the production process? I was told at the time of ordering that April delivery was most likely. Thanks for any insights.

2. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    My first pic was around Nov 10 and car arrived last week...delivery this week. I'm pretty close to the Port, so you might have an extra week in there. In any event, I would think you should have in your hands by end of March-ish.

3. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Congrats, pleas post photos ASAP! :)

4. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    PS. My first pictures arrived on 11/14/14 and the car was at the dealership on 01/09/15 for reference.

5. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Great Michael, you officially are on the board ! Now you need to post pics :)

6. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Congrats! Like everyone else, you must now post pics and begin pacing...

7. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Michael, I received my pics Dec 16. I expect the car in the next 3 weeks, COULD be rolling out of its container about now...

Tell us about your spec! Post the pics you have!

8. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Michael, I received my pics Dec 16. I expect the car in the next 3 weeks, COULD be rolling out of its container about now...

Tell us about your spec! Post the pics you have!

Ok, Ok. :) The pictures do not show much...just the generic body draped in cladding of some sort and the skeletal body structure. I'll get the pictures posted shortly as I sort out the technical aspects. I am traveling at the moment but my recollection is that I ordered the following:

Exterior Tour de France Blue
    20" Forged painted silver rims
    Pirellis
    Magneride
    Giallo calipers
    Scuderia Shields
    Sport exhaust pipes
    Front grille with chrome edges
    Yellow rev counter
    Full electric seats
    Interior dual color Cuoio with Blu Sterling seat inserts
    Special contrast stitching Grigio Scuro
    Standard seats
    Blu Medio Prancing Horse on each front seat and middle of rear
    Blu Sterling Steering Wheel,upper dash and seat belts
    Nero carpets
    Upper front pillar, doors and rear in Cuoio
    Carbon fiber central tunnel bridge
    Apple Car Play
    Foldable rear seats backrest
    US visibility equipment
    Alum driver and passenger footwell

I amy have missed an option or two. I revised my spec 3 or 4 times to add or delete options. It is very easy to let things get outr of hand ifg you know what I mean and I know that you do!!!

I did not order the additional CD reader, optional entertainment package or steering wheel with CF Driving Zone and LEEDS. I did not find the Daytona seats as comfortable as the standard ones and I plan to put many miles annually on this vehicle, including at least 3-4 tours annually of at least several hundred miles each. The racing seats were considered but the wife was vehemently opposed to their styling. Got to keep the peace.

I have decided to have it detailed and Suntec film added by DNA Surface Concepts in Riviera Beach, FL (West Palm Beach). They have my 2006 Black metallic Range Rover now in for a complete reconditioning. I will let your know how that works as well. I will post pics as they become available. Cheers!!!

9. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Very nice spec! Excellent use of color for the interior. First TDF paint I recall on a California T. Enjoy!

10. Ron4pro

Ron4pro Karting

Oct 21, 2013
    Arizona
    Nice Spec Mikey...you are my boy Blu!!!

11. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Should look great. get the pics sorted! :)

12. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Very nice combo...an elegant GT look. Love the look of a blue/cuoio interior combo with a blue exterior. Congrats...look forward to the pics.

13. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    #13 mguthrie, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The factory moves fast. This one showed up today. Wish I could see the dual color interior and embroidered Cavallinos. Should I expect to see more pics?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    that looks GREAT! congrats!

15. Ron4pro

Ron4pro Karting

Oct 21, 2013
    Arizona
    That blu is gorgeous...very brilliant. I like the yellow calipers too...they really stand out. It looks like they are getting through the factory fast.

16. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Oh I like that!

The next pics you will get will be from the dealer after it is unloaded. ...if you ask real nicely... :D

Now the waiting, she begins in earnest. Get some comfortable shoes and start pacing nervously. The boat takes decades to get across the ocean. :D

17. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
  18. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    very elegant color combo!

19. fc3288

fc3288 Karting

Oct 11, 2014
    Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Fred

Nice color. This is the last pic you receive from factory. They will have a test drive within a week and than ship out to you. Your beauty is just around the corner

20. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Yes, last pic, you should have a total of 3, now its about 8 weeks out :)

21. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    That looks great. Look forward to seeing some interior shots when you get her

22. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    I was afraid that you would say something like that. i have been counseled since pre-school that I needed to develop more patience but I have too seldom been in touch with my Zen side...but I am still a work in progress. How much was it to airlift her stateside? Just askin!

23. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    you still pay the 3750 +12k, and you may save 4 -6 weeks - if the money is burnin a hole in your pocket, that's what the big fruit flys do :)

24. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Just heard from my dealer today. I am in Stage 90 and he expects delivery in late February or early March. My order went in last Oct. 30.That seems awfully quick! My dilemma is that the Cali will arrive in Michigan while I am in Florida. I do not plan to return to Michigan until early June except for occasional brief visits. I am considering having the Cali T shipped to Florida but then what will I drive all summer? Of course, I could ship it back to Michigan for the summer and then back to Florida next fall....my head is spinning with all the shipping possibilities! I will get it sorted directly.

On another note I had my 2006 Range Rover Sport paint reconditioned and a nano-ceramic coating applied by DNA Surface Concepts of Lake Worth, FL (thanks Hobe456). I bought the whole package. The results are nothing short of amazing. I will pick up a CD with before and after pictures and post them for your viewing. I am truly ecstatic with the outcome. I will have to see how durable is its but it now looks better than new after 8 years and 138k miles of hard driving.

I plan to have Suntek film applied to the Cali T on all sides and the hood. Still deliberating on the coating but probably will as well. I have had 3M on the Aston for 8 years and it has held up very well. No dings, nicks or chipping anywhere.

25. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Stunning !