Cali T Seats - Manual vs Electric | FerrariChat

Cali T Seats - Manual vs Electric

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Feeder, Feb 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Feeder

Feeder Rookie

Feb 4, 2015
    Putting together my Cali T order. Very exciting but a little worrisome for my 6'3" height. Was wondering if the manual seat would have more room vs electric? I realize I would be giving up heat option and lumber supports etc but was curious if eliminating these would make the seat "thinner". Every inch counts! Lol. Thank you.

2. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Dont know about the height, however, i would assume the seats are the same minus several elextrical options. I have the standard seats, and they are perfect for me.

3. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Don't know (would doubt a difference), but from memory I believe (not 100% sure - RoyalPar1 could confirm) that the standard config doesn't provide height adjustment on the passenger side...which may or may not be important depending on your situation...in my case I have a petite female passenger who isn't happy sitting too low.

4. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Yes, you can adjust the height on both side, they are standard 8 way seats , which could make your tooshie feel good :)

5. mtarvydas

mtarvydas Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2011
    On the Mountain
    Full Name:
    Martin Tarvydas
    I am 6'5" and had the manual racing seats in the Cali. I was worried about switching to the electric seats in the T but I am able to create a very comfortable position.

6. McRoswell

McRoswell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2008
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Chris McAuliffe
    Go electric... I would not by another Ferrari without it

7. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Manual seats would likely give you a lower seating position if that's your preference and they also save a significant amount of weight... if you are more performance inclined. Maybe you can ask your salesman if they have cars coming in with either style of seats and if you can just sit in them to get a better sense of how you like them.

Driver's seating is such an important consideration that they really should develop a seat-fitting system that uses various measurement of your body to determine how your body will fit in any Fcar using any of the available seat styles.

Serious racing bikes (human powered variety) use this sort of fitting system all the time to determine the correct size, style of frame and riding position for a given rider. It's high time Ferrari offered the same consideration for serious drivers and drivers who do not fall into the average build range. It shouldn't be a difficult system to develop.

I was lucky when I ordered my late year-model Cali30 as I got several used ones to try out.

8. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have the electric seats (Daytona style) on my Cali T and it's pretty comfortable. Go with electric since this is GT car, not a hardcore track car like the Stradale/Scudera/Speciale.

9. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    You do realize that without the electrical seat option, you still have full adjustable electric seats? You do not have the heaters, memory and boster control, other than that the seat is full electric which i believe is 8 way adjustable, and NOT stationary as a track car would be.

10. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    My vote would be the racing seats - so so comfortable - way way better than the standard/electric seats. Plus I'm the only one that drives my car - so don't need the electric adjustment. How many people will drive yours?

11. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yup, I realize that. But no heat seater on a convertible GT car is no good in my book. And if you have bad lower back (like I do), the additional lumbar support is a plus!

12. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    +1 for heated seats on a convertible GT unless you're lucky enough to have warm weather year round

13. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Well then, I suggest you all move to South Florida, I stand corrected, if I lived in snow land I would re think the heated seats, however on my Maserati which I had them very rairly used them and only for passengers :)

14. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    I sat in both types of seats and found that there was little difference in terms of room. I'm 6'5" and I had plenty of room in both. Good luck, brother. Can't wait to hear what you decided on, i.e.. color, interior, specs...

15. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    I know this is an old thread - but I wanted to add my 2c for any potential new buyer as a seasoned car dealer and as a loaded Cali owner.

If you are buying used - like I did, Go for EVERY bell and whistle you want. As time goes by - even the most expensive options come to ZERO value at trade-in and very low difference at retail.

Look for the most loaded car possible, and you will not be disappointed. Difference in price from base to loaded becomes negligible as the car ages.

I live is Houston/Sugar Land Area and still waited to get a Cali with "Heated" seats. Why - because the two months of winter, I can go topless and have my tushy warm :)

Honestly - I had the choice between a loaded 10 and a base 13 for relatively similar (age diff) money. I chose the 2010 because it had every option I wanted (Elec seats, LED steering, black wrapped top) Image Unavailable, Please Login . To me, 30 additional HP was not worth living without the options. To each their own I guess.

16. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ Good points. Heated seats are also good for those of us with cranky backs!
    T

17. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Just noticed today that my door handles, door inserts and even door sills are CF. Never noticed them before! :)

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Means your not driving it enough!
    T

19. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Oh Tomc - I still am in a state of dream - Notime for fine details - Its my first Ferrari!!!! I cannot tell you how many times I have walked into my garage and peeked to make sure its there LOL.

tomc likes this.
  20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'd like to tell you that one day it will get "old" - but 1.5 years in to living our Ferrari dream, the wife & I still sometimes find it hard to believe...T

21. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Tom, If and when I visit Dallas - I will try to invite you to dinner - You are a gentleman and a friend.

Doubt I'll drive the Ferrari there but I would love to see your beautiful car and take a picture with it for the missus.

Dallas DOES get cold. I remember few years back, late November, I was visiting Dallas for a Carwash Exhibition when it started snowing (A Foreign concept to us Houstonians). The roads got super slick but people kept driving like batman. I was commuting in my RWD BMW 745i and it showed its Germanic grip and I safely made it back.

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Deal! We get snow about once every other year or so up here. I wouldn't even take the wife's pickup out in snow in DFW. It's chaos on the roads. People lose their freaking minds.
    T

23. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Funny - same happens in Houston in the rain. Few drops, and people start driving 40 below speed limit.....on the freeway! Sadly our streets do flood with downpour.