Final decision time | FerrariChat

Final decision time

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Lime1, Feb 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Okay, so I'm off to the dealer this weekend to sort out the final spec for my T order.

So far it's looking like this:

Rosso Corsa. Looked at lots of other red options and particularly liked the 3 layer Rosso Berlinetta and rosso corsa F1 2007 but can't really justify paying a 5 figure additional sum. Plan to have black roof but will probably go with a wrap for this as it gives me the option of what type of black to have and that I can remove it (or not put it on depending on how I feel about it when the car arrives).

Interior I plan to make final decision on at dealer. Probably standard seats. Either Beige Trad or Cuoio (with 2 boys 6 and 8, anything lighter is unwise and don't want another black interior). ST2 stitching. Not sure which stitch colour yet but probably go with something lighter than the seat colour.

Magnaride
    Matt grigio 20" forged alloys
    CF wheel caps
    Yellow callipers
    Shields
    Yellow rev counter
    CF driver zone and wheel
    CF central tunnel
    Headrest horse in nero (depending on ST2 stitch)
    Front and rear cameras
    Electrochromatic inner rear view mirror
    Aluminium footrests
    Hi-fi upgrade

Paint protection film - full body

I don't think I've missed anything. I did have Apple Carplay and CF cupholder on the list but think I'll drop them. For carplay I reckon I wouldn't use it enough to justify extra cost. The unit in the car has hands free phone calling, sat nav and I can stream music via bluetooth. I doubt I'd use handsfree texting and don't really see what the carplay offers me over and above what's there already expect perhaps a slightly more familiar interface.

If any of you think I've missed something essential or have any other suggestions especially about interior, please let me know. Thanks.

2. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    CarPlay will be updated regularly via your iPhone/iOS whereas the built-in infotainment system won't.

3. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Sounds like a fantastic build! Very cool. Congrats

Erik

4. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lime1
    ...and don't really see what the carplay offers me over and above what's there already expect perhaps a slightly more familiar interface.

Ha just noticed my dyslexia!

5. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just to be sure, you are not including CF vents and entertainment center surround (listed as dashboard inserts DATR). You might also consider the trunk pass thru option...

6. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    I love the Cuoio interior.

7. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Although I don't use CarPlay every time, I would get it. It is easier to select the music on the screen rather than getting the phone to do that... Getting messages read is nice, but the best is controlling the music.

8. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
  9. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Lime1...if you're in US, and you're going with front and rear cameras and the mirrors, you should consider getting the US Visibility package. It actually represents a "deal" (as hard as that is to believe) adding the AFS headlights to all of the above. The whole package is about 10k, and I think you're probably already in the 8kish range for the individual items.

Your combo sounds great...I love Cuoio...have had it twice. Having said that, on the reds, the new Trad Beige will work fantastic on Corsa IMO. Cuoio will look good as well.

10. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Yes, leaving the entertainment centre surround and vents without CF. I'm in the UK so trunk pass through is standard.

11. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Do you have to plug the phone into the system to use it or is it bluetooth? With my other cars phone usually just sits in my pocket and I stream with bluetooth. Bit of a pain to have to plug it in each time as I'm inherently lazy about doing things like that. Having said that I take your points on board and may reconsider.

12. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Thanks. I'm in the UK. I did look at the view option but I'm not really bothered about AFS headlights and the external mirrors so decided to leave it off and just go with internal mirror and cameras. I think it's about £2k less which doesn't seem much but I'd rather put that towards options I really want. Don't see the point in just spending because it's a bit of a deal, which admittedly in this case you're right it is!

13. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    I was settled on Grigio Titanio for weeks, until the night before, and decided on Bianco Avus an hour before we built the car. My Girl and I were playing with the configurator on our living room TV at 3 am, and we both felt it showed the body work the best, kept the same interior build. It should be noted that my last 2 rides, a 991 cab and a 997 coupe Were both Carrara White. The the 3 layer Rosso Berlinetta is an amazing choice for this car, if I had more than one vehicle at a time I might get that. With the reds, Daytona seats with Beige Trad or Cuoio and black inserts are beautiful as well, good luck with this fantastic ride.

14. McRoswell

McRoswell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2008
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Chris McAuliffe
    Have your Ferrari Dealer get the protective film; much cheaper and better application

15. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    totally agree, do not do it with the factory

16. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    If using CarPlay, it has to be plugged in. Otherwise it works as normal over bluetooth. So, for me, it is the best of both worlds. If I'm just bumming around town, I connect via bluetooth. If I'm traveling for a while, I plug it in, put it in the console and <bam!> it stays charged and hidden.

I love it!

John

17. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Interesting. In the US only the Tire Pressure Monitoring system is standard. Is the pass through the sole standard option in the UK, or are there others?

18. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
  19. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    How did your final spec lay out in the end?

20. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Yes. The film will be done by the same company that have done my last 2 cars.

21. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    UK standard options include pass through rear seats, TPM and temp monitoring, full electric seats and anti-theft satellite system with 1 year subscription.

22. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Didn't confirm final spec yesterday. The guy I normally deal with wasn't there and I have to say that the salesman whom I saw was a bit of a pain. My wife was ready to walk!! I think sometimes they need to remember that they're just a salesman and you're the paying customer. He had a rather arrogant "I know best" attitude, rather than trying to make helpful suggestions and offering guidance. Don't think I would ever buy a car from him.

Anyhow, it was mainly the interior options that needed deciding upon and re-looking at the samples in the showroom helped. Rosso corsa it will be. I just can't condone £15k for the rosso berlinetta when I think the corsa also looks great. It will have a black roof but wondering if I should just get it done as part of the order or stick with my plan of using a wrap.

The interior will be Beige Tradizione. Stitching STC2 colour is where the main contention lies. My wife who usually has a pretty good eye for things that will look good but are sometimes a bit different suggested yellow stitching and yellow cavallino's on headrests with the beige trad. The yellow stitch would run through the black on the dash and doors too and I think inner part of steering wheel. She felt this would look good with the yellow rev counter, and yellow emblem on centre of steering wheel as well as the external yellow shield and callipers. I was a bit uncertain but then thought it may well add to the sporty feel I was looking for. The salesman's reaction was to completely diss her and tell her you just can't do that, it wouldn't work! Not really the thing to say to a woman who's husbands about to spend the best part of 200K on a car. He nearly blew the whole deal out of the water. He sort of backtracked a little after but my wife completely switched off to the process which didn't help. We looked at a light beige / off white stitch as an option but after driving home yesterday and spending the evening on the configurator I think I actually like the idea of yellow. Certainly don't want a darker stitch. I realise that it's my choice and really the only issue to consider is potential resale but if it looks as good as she thinks it will then that shouldn't be an problem.

I'm leaving off the CF cupholder and just need to convince myself about carplay as 90% of my journeys are about 20-30 minutes maximum. About to ring the salesman I've been dealing with and discuss with him before finalising.

I'm happy to listen to any last minute suggestions! :)

23. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It's definately all about what you two want. Here are a couple of suggestions for you, won't hurt my feelings if you pass on them, but here is what my wife and I came up with:

We matched the stitched cavallino with the exterior color (Rosso, of course for you) and then had a nice contrast with the STC2 color.

Also, we opted for a black center console to bring out our stitching color in our field of view more. Your yellow on black looks really good, ours is Rosso on black. With our Charcoal interior the red stitching looks good, but we think is more dramatic on the black.

Try these out on the configurator, also there is a current Ferrari video with Nick Mason in a California T with one of the lighter tan interiors and a black center console, in case that helps.

That's my two pence... ;)

24. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I found the whole CF thing hard to swallow when I configured my Cali30.

I don't really like CF unless the car is supposed to have a hard-edge techno look to it. Since the Cali30 was designed with a retro look I simply skipped every CF option and went will additional leather instead, to enhance the brushed aluminum, white on cuoio theme with white stitching. Like Dave, they normally suggest picking up the body colour of the car in the stitching. Worked well for me.

25. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thought I'd post a couple of shots to give an idea of how the yellow stitch looks.