In the market for a Cali.First Ferrari looking for advice | FerrariChat

In the market for a Cali.First Ferrari looking for advice

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by flybuddy01, Mar 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flybuddy01

flybuddy01 Rookie

Mar 16, 2015
    Hi everyone,
    I have just joined your forum, I am in the market for a 2012 California, since that year has the 7 year maintenance program.
    I am asking for your help, so that I am knowledgeable enough to find the right vehicle. This is the first Ferrari that I will own.
    I would like to know, as to what I should be looking out for, when are the services due on the Cali, when is the oil change due and what are their costs.
    What are the different options that I may find. How do I track the service history on the car, and anything else of importance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. LuxuryLife

LuxuryLife Karting

Mar 19, 2015
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Brian
    If it comes with the 7 year maintenance program why do you want to know the costs? I'm just curious being that you won't be paying for the services or oil changes. Good luck on your search for the right car. It's a fun journey!

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Spend some time scrolling down and read a few of the previous threads here asking similar questions & download an owners manual at All Ferraris for more background reading

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Welcome to the family in advance

1. Excellent " bridge car" into the Ferrari Family!
    2. RHT repairs, DCT Repairs, and that the car has been services at least annually using the Free Svc's that come with it!
    3. The Service schedule is 12 months or 12k miles, whichever comes first. A full on " oil service " can run $450+/- and a FULL annual svc ( ALL fluids, filters, wipers, etc $2200 +/- )
    4. Options... too many to list here, there are many Ferrari catalogues you can search online, but the options are endless.
    5. Service history , may be tracked via the servicing dealership. It's not easy and warranty repairs are the only " history " shared between dealerships... otherwise, you need to contact each dealership sperately.

The good news, is that you may also purchase an extended warranty through Ferrari... someting to consider as well!

Happy to help,

S

5. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    If you are going to be on this forum, please save some money for Psych evals and therapy.

6. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Great choice getting a 2012 or later. The 7 year thing is fantastic. You are bascially worry free for several years, which in a Ferrari is quite a gift. There are some great 2012 cars out there. If you are in So Cal I know of a couple in the area.