What is the market out there for a Cali T? | FerrariChat

What is the market out there for a Cali T?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by RCorsa, Mar 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Is anyone getting these cars yet? I've seen very few deliveries here and none in my area. Is anyone seeing cars at dealers that are available? Just wondering what the market will be for these and whether it will be a list and allocation car or one that a buyer could find easily?

2. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA

My feeling is that it's tough to find them right now at dealers. Having looked on all the usual sites, i.e.. eBay, Dupont Registry, Global Autosport, etc., there are maybe one or two of them out there and they are odd color combos. On the flipside, I ordered mine in October and just got it this week. Honestly, being able to equip the car exactly how I wanted it and the fact that I didn't pay a premium from someone trying to make a few bucks by flipping one made the wait well worth it. I live in So Cal and have only seen one other T since they started delivering. So, in that respect it's kind of cool. Happy hunting, or ordering as the case may be.

3. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oh, and by the way, if you are in So Cal and you decide to order one, the guy you want to see is Eddy Brodsky at Ferrari South Bay. Great guy. Very honest, helpful, knows the cars really well and will be VERY upfront about when you'll get it, etc. He is one of those guys who underpromises and over delivers. He's the general manager there and also sells, so that's the guy you want to go to without any doubt. I've bought two Ferraris from him and he sold one for me. All transactions were painless and in fact came out really well for me.

4. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Thanks. Yes I've only seen 2 total available used, both over MSRP. Seams like they are slow to the market but I have to assume folks have them ordered. Seams like most f cars can be found around for new MSRP if you look hard enough but this one is an enigma. I just wonder if I should get on a list or wait it out. I need something with rear seats and love the combo of that plus convertible.

5. letsplay99

letsplay99 Karting

Mar 28, 2013
    Here on the east coast you can easily order them for MSRP. Dealers have plenty of allocations although it will take 5-6 months from speccing one out and getting it in your driveway. The Cali T is a mass produced ferrari, you will see them used in about another 3-4 months, I believe Ferrari NA prohibits dealers from showing new car models on their website or car.com until after 6 months of delivery and that is why you dont see them yet. My dealer already has 3 preowned he offered me but it wasnt the spec I wanted. I also had 2 dealers who just got cars in that the consumer walked away from.

6. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Yup dealers cant advertise current model year cars. Some are out there but you'll have to call around to ask.

7. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    At this price point, order just what you want. We did and don't regret it at all. Yes the wait is long and, well long, but it is well worth it. Otherwise wait even longer for a used example to pop up that is close to what you want for a discount.

My 2 cents...

Jihn