Ferrari announces new accessories for the original Ferrari California | FerrariChat

Ferrari announces new accessories for the original Ferrari California

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by 4th_gear, Mar 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #1 4th_gear, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just received this announcement from Ferrari via email.

The 2-DIN Infotainment upgrade for connecting Android and iPhone devices would be nice as would an improved NAV system. The existing NAV system has a nasty habit of omitting road names from the display when you finally get it to display at a useable magnification level. However, I wonder if current 3rd party replacement head units already provide these benefits.

The same announcement also features a "New exhaust system with black ceramic-coated tailpipes" which "...guarantee maximum performance and a more powerful sound, they are approved for the European and American markets and provide a safe, reliable and easy-to-install solution". The promise of added performance and sound is intriguing but I'm not keen on the black tailpipes. My heat-cycled original chrome tips probably look more sporting. :)

Unfortunately, the webpage that accepts an email address to send me additional information isn't working. Has anyone already looked into these factory-offered upgrades?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    I received the same email today also. I'd be interested to know is the new Infotainment has better XM reception. Even after replacing the antennae, my XM still looses signal (not at bad as before, but it could be better).

3. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I would certainly be interested in this...wonder how much.

Thanks,
    Erik

4. fc3288

fc3288 Karting

Oct 11, 2014
    Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Just wonder if Ferrari will have an after install CarPlay for California T. I couldn't order the CarPlay option when I placed my order last June.

DVL66 likes this.
  5. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    my dealer is charging $4,888.00 + installation.

6. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    sport exhaust for California or for California t???

7. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks for sharing Joel. IMO, at that price it would be prudent to carefully compare 3rd Party options before diving in. The infotainment unit in the original Cali is quite disappointing. One feature aside from SAT/NAV and CarPlay-esque features to compare would be the amplifier section.

FWIW, I have gotten no response after I clicked on the "have someone contact me" link on the original webpage that the factory put up. I think I actually did that twice. Also asked the service department about the upgrades and I'm still waiting. :rolleyes:

8. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The Ferrari notice I referred to only applied to the older California but check with Novitec as they already have exhaust upgrades for the CaliT. Your dealer may even agree to install for you. Do a search for "Novitec" posted by "Grubbs" on this forum.

9. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL
    What other options exist for an entertainment system upgrade? Does anyone have any experience with them? $5K plus labor seems a lot for what appears to be minor upgrades to nav and the addition of bluetooth support for Android.

10. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
  11. oldtincan

oldtincan Rookie

Jul 31, 2015
    London, UK
    Hi, my radio signal is very poor, even in central London. In fact the whole sound system is very poor for such a premium car. Can you replace your antennae yourself or did you have to take it into a dealer?

12. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Parts $4.5k, install $500 or so, available end of august...

13. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    Dealer replaced the XM antennae under warranty.

14. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL
    So let me get this straight. The same infotainment system that you can purchase for $1,000 the dealer charges $4,500? Plus $500 for installation. Why wouldn't one go to an audio store instead?

15. rmmcdaniel

rmmcdaniel Karting

Aug 19, 2012
    Ferrari has a similar infotainment retrofit for the 360/430 they announced a few months ago. The delta in price between buying the genuine Ferrari part vs the same unit from OEM manufacturer was not as large but a lot of that group seemed to want the Ferrari part so it would be backed by Ferrari in case of issue, keep their cars "original" and the unit would display Ferrari logo on startup.

16. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Am I correct in my interpretation that this upgrade doesn't actually bring Apple CarPlay to the older California, just some revisions to the Ferrari Infotainment?

17. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL
    I think many of the new infotainment systems being sold today allow you to select the screen wallpaper; whether that will be the Ferrari logo or a photo of my wife is still tbd :) In my case, the Cali is my daily driver and I want the same conveniences I get with my Mercedes including Bluetooth streaming, Android support, Pandora/Spotify, etc., but not at 5x the HW cost. Keeping the car "original" in this regard is less important. But hey, that's just me.

18. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    My understanding was that it had CarPlay but not 100%. Keeping the unit OEM is extremely important to me and surely to others, regardless of the price.

19. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Did anyone ever get any more info on this upgrade?

20. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Sorry I have not had it sone yet...

21. matthoops23

matthoops23 Rookie

Oct 14, 2015
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Did anyone check into the pricing for this exhaust upgrade? I have an all black Cali and if there is sound and some performance increase it could be interesting...any feedback?

22. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Read above?