Requesting opinion on Cali T decisions | FerrariChat

Requesting opinion on Cali T decisions

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Maser GTS, Apr 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    I'd appreciate any thoughts about color choices for Cali T. Latest thoughts are Grigio Titanio exterior with chocolate interior (daytona seats). Will get all carbon fiber options and white tach. Keeping standard all interior black items, except leather front door panel and steering wheel will be chocolate. Now thinking about doing lower dash in chocolate leather as well, rather than standard black. Black carpets, and leather black headliner. Grigio scurio stitching. Yellow calipers, full chrome grill, shields, forged diamond wheels.
    I'm wavering between G. Ferro exterior, but figure greater contrast with chocolate and G. Titanio is better. Also not sure to keep lower dash black or change to chocolate.

I realize that taste is personal, and that it probably doesn't make much difference what I choose, but I will be interested in others' thoughts. Thank you!

2. Gb135

Gb135 Karting

Jul 28, 2014
    #2 Gb135, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    Mazer,

I ordered the titanio with iroko interior ( I thought the black carpet lower and upper dash contrasted better with iroko compared to the darker chocolate). I also kept the steering wheel black and ordered the middle console in black not Iroko). Ferro is very nice but I thought too dark relative to the interior. I will post Shortly pics of silvestone cal T w iroko interior u might find interesting as another option.

3. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I also made my center console in black, but with a charcoal interior.

4. Gb135

Gb135 Karting

Jul 28, 2014
  5. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    You are correct that it's a personal choice but you are also wise to seek others' opinions as validation. Unless you have no concerns about resale, the car eventually will go on the secondary market where the desirability of its options and color combinations will make a difference whether it sells or sits, and how much it will bring.

The combination you chose seems fine to me, although I'm not sure about the chocolate steering wheel. I would be sure to get the LED steering wheel and the usual GT options such as cruise control, and full electric seats. Unlike other Ferraris such as the 430 or 458, the California is less "hard core" and people wanting these cars typically will want to use them as functional cars more than toys for just weekend drives. If the car lacks GT amenities such as cruise and seat heating/memory, or even a Homelink garage door opener, selling it later will be more difficult.

6. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    I definitely agree with the other posts. Stay with the black steering wheel and get the carbon fiber steering wheel + LEDS option; get the options like cruise control, full electric and heated seats, Homelink - suggest the US Visibility option - it's less expensive than buying each of the features a la carte. Having owned several Aston Martin GTs, my experience is that buyers of exotic GTs on the secondary market want and expect these options. Otherwise your selection sounds excellent. Enjoy.

7. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    Thank you for the link. How do you know it is iroko? It looks like it could be chocolate. Chocolate is a littler darker than iroko, and iroko is just slightly more tan.

8. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    I will be getting LED steering wheel. I'm more interested in steering wheel center colored (chocolate) than the wheel itself. But option only allows for the entire steering wheel. With LED CF, the only brown leather on steering wheel are the sides. Top and bottom will be carbon fiber. I'm planning on keeping the car, but will get full electric seats, Homelink, and rear parking camera and AFS1 lights. I think cruise control is standard or not offered. I'm not getting front camera because it takes out top center post of chrome grill. Also I'm not getting InPlay. It won't be used by me.

9. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    I can see how center console in black would look good. Looks like another decision point for me.

10. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

Sounds pretty good to me.

11. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    For me having the black center console makes the color areas more highlighted and interesting. Adds another couple of visual contrast cues. And I agree with the black steering wheel. I was on the fence about that originally and am glad I went with black, it feels sportier to me. Try it out in the different views in the cinfigurator.

12. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    It's all personal. I don't think carbon fiber works in these GT's. To me, that's something used in a very different type of car, and it takes away from the luxury feel a proper high end GT needs. I do think you should get the LED wheel, and you can get it all covered in leather. The LED wheel seems to be a big plus come time to sell.

13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You can get the LEDs on the steering wheel on an all leather steering wheel. Im told the price is the same as the CF wheel.

FWIW, I like the color scheme and your choices and I like the look of the chocolato wheel vs black steering wheel. I think its more luxurious. I also think the darker brown color would work well for the dash etc- Id do that as well.

14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011

There was a few hundred dollar up charge for me.

Is it more risky to get chocolate instead of nero interior for resale? That worried me a little so i went with Titanio over Nero but the black interior even with Chiaro stitching seems less inviting than chocolate or iroko.

15. Gb135

Gb135 Karting

Jul 28, 2014
  16. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Prefer cuoio to iroko or chocolate - and I think most others would too. I like Titanium or Silverstone over Ferro, all nice colors but the latter too costly IMO. Also would forego most carbon options as they just jack up cost and the car is a GT, not a super sports car. Just my 2 cents, of course, and maybe worth less...

17. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    Thank you for the picture of silverstone and Iroko. That is a good representation of Iroko. It is just personal taste but I prefer darker chocolate to Iroko. Salesman said that with silverstone, one needs a lighter/brighter interior color. I'm not considering black interior with titanio, as I think it will look/feel too hot, in summer when top is down.

18. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Is there a heat or infrared resistant leather? I think BMW offers that as an option on convertibles and wondered whether Ferrari has that. Could be worthwhile.

19. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Alcantara does not get hot in summer or cold in winter the way leather does...

20. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011

Cuoio shows dirt easily especially over rear seats and headrests. Nero doesn't.

21. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011

Cuoio was hot with top down too. Direct sun is going to be hot no matter what interior you have while driving. Lighter interior may be cooler in parked car but i tinted my windows anyways.