Counting the seconds now! | FerrariChat

Counting the seconds now!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Lime1, Apr 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    #1 Lime1, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just returned home after a great 2 week vacation in Florida with my wife and 2 youngest boys. First week doing Universal, Discovery Cove and Kennedy followed by a week on the beach at Clearwater with a trip to Busch Gardens. Hired a Mustang Convertible for 10 days. Nice car with lots of horses but not quite the same as looking at Cavallinos. I reckon the horse count is lower too! Great weather and a fantastic way to while away some of the time waiting for my car. Stayed off the forum to put it to the back of my mind. Then just 4 days from the end of the trip I get my first picture from Ferrari. Woo hoo things are moving! The following day my second picture arrives and on the day we're flying home the final one appears. Good timing!! :D

So I'm home and the dealer tells me no delivery date yet but anticipates about 2-3 weeks. One of the benefits of being in the UK rather than over the big pond. Then I remember some of the other Stage 90's you guys have endured so I'm not holding my breath but the countdown clock is ticking. So 3 weeks or 1,800,00 seconds (give or take a few) and the wait should be about over.

Just to recap the final spec for you:

Rosso Corsa with Nero Pastello roof and A pillars
    Beige Tradizione
    STC2 Giallo stitching
    Magnaride
    Matt grigio 20" forged alloys
    CF wheel caps
    Yellow callipers
    Shields
    Yellow rev counter
    CF driver zone and wheel
    CF central tunnel
    Headrest horse Giallo
    Front and rear cameras
    Electrochromatic inner rear view mirror
    Aluminium footrests
    Hi-fi upgrade
    Apple Carplay

and of course the obligatory pics.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    Excellent choice. Enjoy it.

3. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Very excited for you! Car looks great! :)

You definitely have a delivery timing advantage without the boat...

And, please, don't use the word "Stage" and the number "90" in the same post, I could have a relapse... ;)

Also, once you first drive it, it will only seem like it was about 900,000 seconds...

4. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Ha just noticed I missed the last zero off my second count! Or was it optimism? My apologies for triggering the nervous facial tic! ;)

5. Force

Force Rookie

Dec 11, 2014
    Beautiful car. I also have a Rosso Corsa beauty due any day I think. My dealer doesn't tell me anything so I called him and he said it was "stage 90" back on April 1st and its no longer on any list now which I hope it means it in a port in New Jersey or headed here to Michigan.

6. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    I have my fingers crossed for you!!

7. lmcmahon

lmcmahon Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Beautiful car. I love the black roof and pillars - really adds visual interest. Congratulations.

8. Gb135

Gb135 Karting

Jul 28, 2014
    Great specs congrats. Matt grigio 20" forged alloys Look very nice. Not sure this option is available in the US or did I just miss it?

9. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    That looks very nice!

10. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Very nice combo...hope you get some sleep waiting for it!

11. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Thanks. Together with the matt grigio alloys I think it gives it the sporty look I was hoping for.

12. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Thanks. When I first looked at wheel options they weren't available. Just appeared on the configurator when I was about to submit my final spec about mid / late november I think. Reckon I just struck lucky as they were what I was wanting rather than the diamond finish and slightly cheaper to boot :)

"vrdjs" has black wheels on his car. Haven't seen these as an option. There may well be other options available as extra-campinario at a price.

13. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    I'm beginning to understand what those of you who now have your cars went through whilst waiting for delivery after the final production photo. Counting the seconds is an agonising process. Sleep deprivation as I lie in bed counting cavallinos whilst trying to organise in my head everything that needs finalising. Garage needs a good clean out. Amazing how its got full of clutter in the 6 months since the DBS went. That should occupy a few of those precious seconds. Then I need to sort out getting the paint protection film applied. Have to arrange a slot with the installer and transport it 120 miles to them, book the paint correction detailer before film is applied and sort transport back to dealer. All a bit difficult when I'm told to expect delivery in about 2 weeks but no firm date to work to and the installer is telling me they have a 4 week wait list. Trying to pull in some favours. Yes there are other installers but I'm very happy with the work this firm has done on my last few cars and I trust them to do a good job. More seconds used up. Then keeping in the loop with you lot. The time should really fly by and that's without even thinking about work and some family time. :D

14. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    F-f-f family time? What is that?

15. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    The reason why I'm buying a California T and not a 458 spider!

16. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Congratulations! Delivery date set?

Gr. Martin

17. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    =+1, and let me say it is faster than a 458, and more versatile. I love the fact that i can put my 2 boys in the car and possibly take one of Their friends on a run. For me the Ferrari is a family car, and have no regrets about it 7500 miles of smiles later.

18. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The agonizing seconds will be a distant memory the moment you first sit it and press your own red start button...

:) :) :)

19. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Can't wait.....must wait....must stop drooling!

20. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    So it seems likely my car will arrive at the dealer sometime this week. It's then off on a tour of England before I get my mitts on it. First off down to Paintshield for a full paint correction detail and application of full body self healing film. Their diary commitments mean that it will be with them for probably a couple of weeks.....aaaaaggghhhh!!!! Then trucked down to London to Scuderia Systems for Novitec exhaust upgrade. They recokon 3 weeks from now for system delivery (it's only just become available in the UK).....more aaaaagggghhhh!! Then delivered back to the dealer in Leeds. If I see it before June I'll be lucky but hopefully the wait will prove worthwhile. That clock keeps on ticking....

21. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    Stupid Question: what is a paint correction detail?

22. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
  23. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    If you look closely at the paint finish on any new car straight out of the factory you will almost always see some imperfections in the finish (swirl marks, flat spots etc.). This is generally because the manufacturer doesn't allocate a great deal of time to the final polish / finish for financial reasons. Possibly also down to the capabilities of the guy actually doing the job. Aston Martin are particularly bad. Some cars are worse than others.

A paint correction detail involves getting a professional detailer (unless you feel you can do a better job than the factory guy) to polish out those imperfections and buff up the finish. To do it well you're looking at a couple of days work. You may think your new car looks great but give it to a detailer and you'll be amazed at the transformation in the finish (like a mirror). You can then have a sealant applied to give a more lasting finish. Plenty of before and after images if you search for them. Of course, the finish will deteriorate over time with road dirt and washing etc. and eventually you'll need to redo it, unless you use paint protection film.

As I'm putting full self healing film on it makes sense to have the underlying paint as good as possible. As the film self heals then just a wash and occasional wax application should maintain that perfect paint finish underneath. At least thats what I'm hoping for.

24. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    #24 Lime1, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Woo Hoo! Car arrived at dealers yesterday afternoon and went through PDI today. Being transported down for paint protection film tomorrow. A bit of bad news is that it looks like the Novitec exhaust will not be delivered in time to fit in with delivery schedules. However this means that I will probably get to take ownership before the end of the month. I'll just have to arrange exhaust fit later. Think i've given up trying to work out how many seconds now....tick...tock...

A few pics sent from the dealer:

25. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Dude, they messed up your car. Someone put the steering wheel on the WRONG side. That is going to totally mess with your resale!