California T Order Dilemma - Rosso Corsa or Scuderia | FerrariChat

California T Order Dilemma - Rosso Corsa or Scuderia

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Alex@TAG, Apr 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Rosso Corsa vs Rosso Scuderia

1. Rosso Scuderia

2. Rosso Corsa

3. Something Else

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    So the time has come.... I am getting ready to order our new shop project car, the new California T, however I am having a difficult time deciding on the color. I was dead set that I wanted the next Ferrari to be Rosso Scuderia. I was ready to put the order in until a few people really told me to just go with Corsa as a safer bet...

My question for you FerrariChat Members is,

-Which one do you like better and why?
    -Have you seen a impact for re-sale value on either way?

The car will be spec'd with Nero Leather/Alcantara Interior, with Red Stitching, Seatbelts, Nero Alcantara Center of the seats, Nero Alcantara lower dash, center of doors, & air vents, and a few other goodies. But now which color to choose......

Looking forward to everyone's input.

PS - Pictures would be amazing as well!

2. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    Order the color you really want.

3. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Agree.

IMO any shade of red on a California T would hurt the resale.

I think the car comes alive with metallic and grey and blues.

4. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    #4 DK308, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    Metallic reds look great on the Cali T. I think the non-metallic reds like RC and RS makes the car look bloated and hides the lines, not to mention I think RC is overdone and boring.
    As for the whole "resale-red" thing? Forget it. If depreciation is that big of a concern, you might want to rethink this. It's not an investment, and it will depreciate - and so what. It's a car for you, not the next owner.
    Get what you want, and don't forget that RC might be a popular Ferrari colour, perhaps more on other cars, but you'll have to compete with more sellers come time to sell. A unique car can be worth more to the right buyer.
    Rosso Fiorano is a great metallic red. Very deep and lush, will look stunning on a Cali T. That will also be the case with Rubino Micalizzato.
    You can also look into getting the new metallic Rosso Corsa debuted on the 488. That way you'll get something somewhat unique and still Rosso Corsa. Be aware that it's a tri layer paint and it carries quite the sticker. Same goes for Rosso Fuoco.

5. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    A lot of people think Rosso Scuderia is too orange. If you really want a red, choose Rosso Corsa, or a metallic, like Rosso California, Berlinetta or Fiorano. The greys seem to sell well in this car, too. People in the secondary market for these cars want them as usable driver cars, so don't skimp on usual GT options like cruise control, homelink, full electric heated seats, etc.

6. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Rosso Corsa is the safest bet and looks great on the car (mine happens to be that color too, haha!).

7. Alex@TAG

Alex@TAG Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Feb 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex@TAGMotorsports
    Thats not a bad idea to do that.

Im not fully looking into resale but im curious. The thing is that we are doing a very very special program on this car with our friends at Novitec, so it will be unique in general, but just haveto figure out the color :)

8. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Nuovo Rosso F1? Although it may be a bit to "showy" for the Cali T as others have stated. Rosso Fuoco is my favourite as it goes from a dark cherry red in the dark to a sizzling orangy red in the sun. It would look amazing with the Novitec exterior parts.