Considering trading in Cali T for 488 slot | FerrariChat

Considering trading in Cali T for 488 slot

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Xeron, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Xeron

Xeron Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    Vegas
    Fully optioned, 600 miles, Rosso California.

Thought I would drive it more that my 458 Spider that I traded in. But, I'm driving it less as I find I use my 991 Carrera S Cab more.

I'm thinking about it.

any thoughts ? depreciation?

2. bobhitch

bobhitch Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Did you ever consider an FF - I traded my 458 spider as she was in danger of being a garage queen.
    FF is an awesome DD

3. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    Question for you: is your 991 a stick or PDK? I have a 7speed stick 50th Anniversary as my DD and can't get enough of it. Different dynamic from the 458.

4. Xeron

Xeron Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    Vegas
    PDK. Drove a 6 speed 997 cab for years though.

The Cali T just felt like it was fulfilling the same DD niche; although more powerful and aesthetically more pleasing then the 991, it didn't transport me mentally like my prior 458s did. It was a "wow car" not a holy, ******** what is this beast I'm driving? experience. So, I started thinking about the reasons I liked driving the other 458s I've owned and realized that I want my weekend driver to be radically different from my DD. So, the Cali T goes back to the dealer tomorrow and I wait impatiently for my 488 allocation.

5. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Any guess how many 488's they will bring in per year once they reach full production speed?