Not your typical Ferrari California ADV5.0 - Wheels Boutique | FerrariChat

Not your typical Ferrari California ADV5.0 - Wheels Boutique

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Corey@WheelsBoutique, Jun 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Corey@WheelsBoutique

Corey@WheelsBoutique Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Albert.A
    #1 Corey@WheelsBoutique, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The Ferrari California isn't known to be the most masculine Ferrari to own. We take pride in making sure that every California we outfit gets injected with style and panache to change that outlook. Relying on our unmatched wheel fitment specs, we worked with Exclusive Motoring to build the customer a tailored fit set of ADV5.0 Track Specs utilizing brushed outers and satin black centers. The 315/25/22 Pirelli P Zero tires sit just right so the car can be driven hard at will with no rubbing or turning complications. The question is; would you consider owning a Cali like this?

To see more pictures: Ferrari California on ADV5.0 Track Spec | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEREPLACE@@
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    That looks REALLY good.

3. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Hmmm ... that's an interesting way to immediately offend your potential customers ... you drive a girly car but we can fix that ... : )

4. Gofast430

Gofast430 Karting

Jun 2, 2013
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Don Dearmore
    #4 Gofast430, Jun 18, 2015
  5. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    Indeed. Not the most constructive approach is it?

6. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    The background is distracting. I have bought a set of HRE's from Wheels B. and it is a fine company. Gotta give Marmist goosebumps.

7. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    Are your marketing folks on vacation this week?

8. Corey@WheelsBoutique

Jun 18, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Albert.A
    vjd3 We are just being honest and not trying to offend any of our potential customers. Sales numbers do not lie and the customer base for Ferrari California which are current customers that bought this Ferrari was for their wives or new customers who bought the California were mainly women. Even Ferrari will admit to it but again the numbers cant lie.

Here is the proof of the truth which was from Ferrari Chat
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/california/363208-california-chick-car.html

9. Corey@WheelsBoutique

Jun 18, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Albert.A

Thank you Fly4Ree

10. Corey@WheelsBoutique

Jun 18, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Albert.A
    Very nice man your Cali looks great man. In my opinion I have never seen a stock wheel which I would not want to replace with an aftermarket one just like I have never seen a car that I have not wanted to modify and improve when it comes to horsepower and anything else I would want make custom to my personal style design.

11. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yeah, not a very good marketing move. :rolleyes:

Really. WTF is it with the silly girly car comments about how the car looks? Most car guys love women and already give female names to our cars... and we call them "hot", "beautiful" and "alluring",...etc. We like our hot cars to remind us of hot women. We love fast cars that look like women.

The fact that women also like certain hot cars doesn't mean those cars don't appeal to men. Women just find them more comfortable to spend time in, more practical and versatile to own. They can operate fast road cars just as well as men can... and they don't tend to leave their hot cars in the garage and just stare at them.

That's a hot car BTW. ;)

12. lashedup

lashedup Rookie

Jun 1, 2015
    Regardless of how you want to support your argument, the reality is that you are still potentially offending the same people you'd like to sell wheels to. Think about it.

There are LOTS of places to purchase wheels from...

13. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Well put! :)

14. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    I have just deleted a long post in response to the thread where the study was first linked. You are welcome. At the end of the day, heels dug in, no one is going to admit to having changed their mind. This chat section is where the people that have a car on order hang out to make the time pass a little quicker. Impuniing either their masculinity or questioning their decision to purchase a very expensive car is like a bad meal in an expensive restaurant. It gets remembered for a really long time, and not in a good way. Just sayin'...

15. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    #15 vjd3, Jun 22, 2015
    The point is not whether you feel you can somehow prove that the California is designed primarily for the wives of real men who own other manly Ferraris (and congratulations, you also just pissed off female customers who can afford to buy their own California without needing a husband to write the check, thank you very much) by trotting out the "proof of the truth" from an Internet forum.

The point is that instead of offending men who a) have the money to actually own a Ferrari, and chose the California (like I just did), and b) therefore have the money to spend on expensive aftermarket accessories (like rims) that you are attempting to make a living selling, you can say something like "here are some rims to give your Ferrari California a more aggressive and sporty look" instead, thereby offending no one in the process.

16. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    I've heard enough. I'm sure I will love the wheels I ordered on my Cali T, but if I were inclined to put aftermarket wheels on it, Wheels Boutique would not be a consideration. I asked myself "How smart can this guy be when he is trying to sell high end aftermarket accessories to men who can afford Ferraris and he openly insults his potential customers on FChat not once, but twice. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Ergo, I would not want to do business with him. Cut your losses Albert and hush.

17. Mbob3

Mbob3 Rookie

Dec 31, 2003
    Ferrari-snobs-who-don't-own-a-Ferrari can be entertaining at times.

18. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    What "potential customers" do you think you have?
    None on this chat board.
    Go somewhere else with your ill-formed advertising.

19. Corey@WheelsBoutique

Jun 18, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Albert.A
    This post purpose was to show one of our customers California which we loved the end result, not to offend anyone what so ever.

Thank you for everyone who appreciated it

20. Corey@WheelsBoutique

Jun 18, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Albert.A
    Yes Well said

21. carmelostarks

carmelostarks Rookie

Jul 9, 2015
    Who's the measurement on the wheels???