Am I getting jerked around by my dealer? | FerrariChat

Am I getting jerked around by my dealer?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by yepster, Jul 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yepster

yepster Rookie

Jul 6, 2015
    Put my order in December...Told I was Status 10 in March. Still NOTHING. No email, no registration, no pictures, NO CALI T!

Dealer says I just have to wait. Can't give any further information.

Can other Cali T be so kind as to give me their date progression? Any ideas on who to call other than my dealer to get action/answers?

2. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Not sure where you are but normally your dealer would check on MODIS for the status of your car. If he doesn't get anywhere that then he would escalate it through say FNA if you're in the USA. The factory isn't exact;ly quick with responses though!!

3. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    I'm surprised your dealer isn't being more helpful. I placed my order on February 2nd. Was advised it was status 10 on April 15th. Status 40 by May 2nd, and the car shipped on May 12. My dealer did tell me that MODIS is often out of date. For instance, my car showed status 90 for over 5 weeks. I happened to be at the dealer at the end of the day on June 21st and low and behold the car was being unloaded from Horseless Carriage. Something does not sound right with your situation. You should have the car by now. Were you promised a buld date when you placed your order?

4. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    My order went in beginning of March and should have car in next few weeks....something isn't right

5. aviator88

aviator88 Karting

May 13, 2015
    Johannesburg
    It's worthwhile checking the exact status the dealer gave you. My understanding is that Status 10 White just means the order is submitted, but only when you go 10 Red is the order locked in and a build number allocated.
    I ordered in May and went 10 Red by end of June.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Dec to March wait: Typical so you're not being jerked around

The March to July wait after Status 10 is a bit of a stretch. Probably not the dealer but Ferrari may have some issue with your order which is holding it up. Maybe you ordered some option that is not in stock or some unusual color combo.

Bottom line: I don't think your dealer is jerking you around.

7. Gb135

Gb135 Karting

Jul 28, 2014
    order placed Mid October, got production pictures April 14, ship arrived to NJ May 20, took delivery June 3rd

8. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
  9. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ferrari enjoys extending the anticipation...

10. Robertus

Robertus Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Order placed Mid November, got production pictures April 25, ship arrived Brisbane June 24, took delivery July 4th

11. Chz_Hd

Chz_Hd Rookie

Apr 15, 2015
    Burr Ridge IL
    My order was placed 4/15 & I received my first pics 6/26 with the message that it was at the end of the production line. My dealer says it should be here by the end of August.

12. Robertus

Robertus Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2010
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert
    It takes 4 days to build a Cali T but two months to delivery it?

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Or more. Normally from making it until someone in the US gets it, it's about 2 months total. Even when it arrives in the US it takes 2 - 3 weeks to clear papers, get it's inspections, and get transported. West Coast deliveries take a little longer

Then it will spend a good 2-4 days at the dealer going through dealer prep before delivery.

If you fly it in you can cut 5 weeks out of the process.

14. yepster

yepster Rookie

Jul 6, 2015
    Ive seen the status codes, which are very helpful but Im curious if anyone has an estimate of what it takes to go from code to code. I was told I'm Status 40. Still haven't even gotten a picture or a login from Ferrari. Anyone have any further insight?

15. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    My order was placed on May 7.
    The car went on the boat on July 28 and is expected here around September 15.
    You should have received your email invite to register soon after your order was placed.
    I think the stages go pretty fast once you get above 40.
    You could go to your dealer and ask to see the computer status and and also ask him to contact FNA for you. He should not refuse either of these requests. Who is your dealer?

16. Chz_Hd

Chz_Hd Rookie

Apr 15, 2015
    Burr Ridge IL
    My April order was delivered to me yesterday, about 3 weeks earlier than anticipated.

17. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I am a huge fan of flying it in especially with my third California now in status 90 for a month, and since I paid the flying fee on my first two Cali's ... However they now as asking $17,500 for the air fare. Most I paid before was $13k. I can buy one more carbon upgrade by saving the $17,500 :D so this time I mistakenly said I'll take the boat :(.

18. Snewton94024

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    Any update on your Cali?

19. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    generally takes 2.5 weeks to go from 20 to 70; 70 to port another two weeks....depending upon where you are another month on the water; then pdi, and transportation.

20. yepster

yepster Rookie

Jul 6, 2015
    Status 40 for 3 weeks. It's a total joke...Worst customer service that I have ever witnessed given that I'm buying a $250,000+ car. No info, no apologies...Summer on the east coast is over now so it's kind of useless...

This has been going on since last December....Thinking of walking...

21. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Of course it has not changed recently - its August the factory is closed.....

22. yepster

yepster Rookie

Jul 6, 2015
    Does anyone specifically know about August factory closures?

23. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm not sure what you mean about specifically, but they do close for the month (give or take a few days). I've purchased and ordered new f cars from several dealers. They are at the mercy of the parent company, but I agree they do a lousy job on customer service. So bad I will not buy cars from certain dealers. It's part of the Ferrari game. Playing hard to get. You want something, they say no, or wait. Just like a hot woman. So you want it more. But this is a car, and I don't agree with their philosophy. You are the client. You are doing them a great favor buying their cars. They should kiss your ass and make it right. But they rarely do. This will not matter much when you do get your car, since you will be so happy and overwhelmed by your purchase. Hopefully, anyway. As the saying goes, time heals all wounds.

That's why purchasing used or new off the showroom is nice. No games. No waiting. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Snewton94024

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    Best advice?
    Walk from this dealer.
    Get your deposit back and find a new dealer.
    Very hard to buy a new Cali off the floor.
    Most dealers get only one at a time which is a "show" car and can't be sold right away.
    You will need to ask around several dealers to see who has one.
    Problem is you might not like that car color and options.
    Find a reputable dealer and get what you want.
    My dealer told me the factory is not closed the entire month of August.