Aftermarket brake pads | FerrariChat

Aftermarket brake pads

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by AK47 UAE, Jul 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AK47 UAE

AK47 UAE Rookie

Jul 7, 2015
    I am looking to buy a 2010 Cali to use as a daily driver. It will likely never see a track. I was hoping someone could tell me if there are any aftermarket brake pads that they have used or that will fit the Cali? I am not looking for performace but rather to save some cash on compared to the OEM parts.

Cheers

A

2. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I had an early 2010. After 22,000 miles or so and after 2.5 hours of race track time on the Mid Ohio race track I got a brake pad light, pads were worn out. I think I went through 1/2 of the pad life that weekend. And I gave lots of people rides showing the huge braking power as well over that 22,000 miles. Given that, brake pads might last 50,000 miles if you are seldom hard on them. The set of pads was $3,000 plus labor, a bit pricey for pads but if they last you 50k miles and you plan on the event it will be easier on you. For my money I would not trust aftermarket pads. I think rotors are $25,000 each so I'd NEVER take a chance on aftermarket pads. And if you put away $5,000 a year for maintenance you should be OK, covering tires, oil, brakes, spark plugs, and all the other normal wear stuff.