Is it possible to get $30k over sticker on a 15 cali T ? | FerrariChat

Is it possible to get $30k over sticker on a 15 cali T ?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by CoopLik, Jul 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoopLik

CoopLik Karting

Jan 10, 2014
    Hello to All,

Just curious.....based on the current demand
    If say hypothetically one were to want to sell their 15 Cali T with under 200 miles in showroom condition. Is it reasonable to get $30k over sticker or is close to MSRP the right price...

Just curious if anyone has any valuable input.

Thank you !

2. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    Doubt it very much....there are enough of them out there on cars.com, eBay, etc.

3. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    Can definitely be IF the buyer is interested in a special combination of colours and add-ons.

For an american to get an order in and receive it would still take months.

If u are looking for a 15 CaliT u have the money to spare and if u find the one u like in front of u for sale, all perfect, already detailed, wrapped and ready to go, what are 30k ?

4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    30K over sticker I guess anything is possible. However sticker or a few $ over is possible for those that do not want to wait.. Especially if it is a great color / option combination..

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Is OP by any chance fishing for a purchaser for his (which would suggest its unused since collection six months ago) !!

6. CoopLik

CoopLik Karting

Jan 10, 2014
    I am thinking about it - excuse me if I did not use the proper forum rules please guide me. I thought I would use it more but I don't.

Really have no time to take it out, so it could either continue to just sit there or I can sell it and repurchase another one or a 488 GTS when that becomes available.

So just testing waters from the forum members.....

Appreciate the responses so far....thanks again

7. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    TBH I doubt it... there a few on the market already. Like others have stated obviously anything is possible and if you find the right buyer and you have the right combination and they don't want to wait then sure. But I think any $ over sticker is unlikely.

8. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    It would be easier for the members to know, if you listed the specs. Marmist has a point about a "special" spec with the right buyer. However, while I'm on the other side of the pond in the EU, as far as I know, anyone can go into a US dealer and order a Cali T. It's been out for a while, allocations are plentiful and it's the entry car. Except for the wait of having a new one built and delivered, why would anyone pay that much over sticker, when they without issue can order their own and have the wonderful experience of speccing the car and pay MSRP?

I might be looking at it all wrong as I'm not used to FNA and that "relationship" system, but here in the EU, a new Cali T would come with a discount from the dealer, and any dealer selling any kind of used Cali T over price, no matter the miles, would be keeping that car. I know it's not the same and there's a difference between Europe and the US. All I'm saying is, is it that hard to get an allocation for a Cali T to warrant that premium?

9. McRoswell

McRoswell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2008
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Chris McAuliffe
    You will be fortunate to get anything close to Sticker. 2016 are now coming over and the Dealers have demos for sale.

10. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I think the waitlists are around 6 months so someone may be willing to pay a premium for instant gratification... not sure $30K over would get you many takers, though?

11. letsplay99

letsplay99 Karting

Mar 28, 2013
    you would be lucky to get 20K below sticker if you gave it back to the dealer. Bottom line, Ferrari started a closed end lease on the Cali T, what that means is that they want to push more out and are taking the depreciation risk on the car meaning that the car does not have as much demand as they expected. I could walk into a dealer and order one for MSRP and potentially below if I had a trade in (they cant mark it below MSRP but they will give me more for my trade in if I place an order). This is not me guessing this, I have already talked to my dealer and they are ready to do it. Only F cars these days getting more than MSRP are Speciale, La Ferrari, and potentially the early 488s...not F12s, certainly not FFs, and no cali Ts .....now going back to your question.....is it possible you find someone who can care less about spending $30k more than msrp to buy a used car right now....of course you can....good luck in finding them....

12. McRoswell

McRoswell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2008
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Chris McAuliffe
    Send us pictures of your car

13. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    IMHO you will be lucky to get sticker for it...

14. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #14 El Wayne, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Possible.

Sorry, lacking patience today. OP's Cali T from a different thread:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    I said there IS a chance, but the fact is that the more u wait, the more Calis invade the market, the slimmer the chance u have.

thought about it, sticker would be nice.

16. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Car looks great in Red.

Howeve, can't imagine there would be a shortage of red CaliTs on the market..perhaps the interior is unique?

17. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Black interior which is a huge minus IMHO for a red Ferrari...

18. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    It's a Rosso Corsa Ferrari, not exactly a rare thing. I do prefer black over Cuoio with the reds, but the yellow calipers are definitely a minus for me. I think black on red is a very classic European combo. But there's nothing special about that car imo, that would warrant a 30k premium, waiting list or not. 6 months do pass fairly quickly.

Is there a buyer out there who will pay 30 k over for a here-and-now car? 100% sure. Will that person be easy to find? Needle in a haystack comes to mind. Simple logic would suggest that the longer you keep it, the more it will depreciate - driven or not.

19. CoopLik

CoopLik Karting

Jan 10, 2014
    The interior is actually Cuio with the red horse and red piping....

Thanks for all input - I guess I'll just leave it alone and pick up a GT3-RS as a daily...

Thank you again