How long should one wait for a car to be delivered? | FerrariChat

How long should one wait for a car to be delivered?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by jerryw, Jul 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jerryw

jerryw Karting

May 18, 2009
    After my order was placed I was told my car would be delivered late June. When production started I was told late June or early July, no big deal for me. (Another car that finished production 4 days before mine was delivered three weeks ago.)

Last week I was told my car had been shipped from NJ. Today I was told the car is still in NJ and will ship next week. Some story about a hold on shipping due to a possible recall. Is this normal? I am beginning to thing my car arrived damaged and they are making repairs before it ships. Am I crazy?

I originally told the dealer if I am looking at a July delivery I would rather hold the order and wait for a 2016, guess I should have followed my own advice.

2. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    Normal doesn't exist! My experience was like yours and when they told me it hadn't gotten to nj yet it was actually on horseless carriage on the way to the dealer where it now is. You just never know....their systems leave something to be desired...my f12 has been on order since last September and is still red 10 and I can't get a straight answer. That's Ferrari.

3. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    There is a potential airbag recall so I think they are being held until that is cleared up... I was at my dealer last Friday and they said they can't give any test drives due to the same issue.

4. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
  5. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    The airbag parts have arrived at FoH. Took my car into today to have the airbag issue fixed. Takes about 2 hours I'm told.

6. jerryw

jerryw Karting

May 18, 2009
    I am told my car is not part of the recall, they just held all cars until verified.

7. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Better to be safe then sorry