Launch Control | FerrariChat

Launch Control

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Lime1, Jul 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    #1 Lime1, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In the UK we have this button on the central bridge:

I believe in the US it's labelled PS (Performance Start) but correct me if i'm wrong.

Somehow "LAUNCH" seems so much more evocative and exciting. "I'm going to Launch my T" sounds more inspiring than "I'm going to PS my T"

For those of you yet to try it, I can recommend giving it a go. We had a bit of sunshine last weekend so I found a quiet stretch of road and you can check out the result here: https://youtu.be/qZkR5rQyqEU

I'm sure you'll find this short clip highly entertaining. It's a shame the stretch of road wasn't a bit longer but probably just as well for my license. Two of my boys were with me and it just wouldn't be the same if the youngest one in the back had to replace Launch with PS. By the way....no ducks were harmed during the making of this film. Enjoy!....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That is REALLY funny.

I watched it a few times, will go back again and again. And, yes, PS would not work so well in the dialog...

:) :) :)

3. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    The reactions of the kids are always priceless

4. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    GREAT Video ! The laughter is infectious ! Smiled the whole time watching it ! thank you

5. Lime1

Lime1 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2014
    Haha... Glad you like it. I end up smiling every time I watch it. We were videoing facing rearward to try and capture the exhaust sound but the laughing sort of stole the show (together with my son's spontaneous narration). Amazing how kids view things.... priceless. Makes me realise how lucky I am to own such a wonderful car.

6. mvaldezf60

mvaldezf60 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Priceless reaction! I can see two new Fchat members already :)

7. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.