My 2016 T at the dealer today! | FerrariChat

My 2016 T at the dealer today!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by RickLederman, Aug 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
  2. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Congrats!!!

3. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Awesome!

4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Good for you Rick! I'd love to see your new Cali with the Geyon quartz treatment. Your enthusiasm is contagious. I think I'll take my baby for a romp on the back roads. :D

5. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Rick, that's fantastic! Can't wait for the photos, much less your reaction after sone spirited driving. Good time of year for a new car!

6. dolphins08430

dolphins08430 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2011
    Congratulations!!

7. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    Congratulations Rick. Can't wait to see your pics. What color is it?

8. Ron4pro

Ron4pro Karting

Oct 21, 2013
    Arizona
    Congrats Rick...I am looking forward to hearing your review now on your 3rd Cali and a FF. Enjoy in good health

9. 85Buck

85Buck Rookie

May 1, 2015
    So, excuse my ignorance on this, but how would you compare the Geyon treatment with having the car wrapped, and how often do you do the Geyon treatment? And, congrats on the car, mine shows up later in the year.

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Fantastic Rick!

I just talked to another T owner yesterday and he loves it. I'm sure you'll drive the snot out of it like you do all the others.

Best of luck and send us some photos.

11. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Congrats! Such a huge difference from the old Cali.

12. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Congrats Rick! Did you sell your last Cali yet? No saw if for sale at one point. M

13. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I don't like wraps, very simple, love the look of real paint with no silly edges. If you stay awake and pay attention while you drive it and never spend more than 10 seconds behind any truck you will suffer few stone chips. Geyon keeps me from having to wax it monthly. That stuff seems to last well more than a year.

14. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I traded the '12 Cali into Midwestern Auto Group. They already sold it, in fact I met the new owner Saturday at the FCA Ohio Annual Meeting. We had a great chat. I may have even convinced him that he needs SottoZero's and an extra set of wheels for winter :D. They are quite happy and have a hell of a good California now.

15. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    I missed this last weekend recuperating from Monterey Week & the FCA Annual Meet - congrats Rick! Looking forward to the pics.

16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I agree however I just did my front bumper with xpel and it looks great there are no visible edges and will save some headaches later..

17. McRoswell

McRoswell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2008
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Chris McAuliffe
    Is MAG an authoriz Ferrari Dealer? 2016 Cali T can't be resold for 12 months. Hope you are getting what you want. FNA enforces their right if first refusal

Send pictures of your car!!

18. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    Heh ?

19. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I'm picking up the T from Esoteric tomorrow :). Yes, MAG is an authorized Ferrari dealer. I have no resale crap in my deal, very simple, I own the car. This is my fifth new Ferrari and none of them have a resale clause from MAG nor Ferrari.

Photos, hopefully the sun is actually out tomorrow so I can take some photos. I'll be driving her from central Ohio to NW Ohio so she will get a few miles :D

20. McRoswell

McRoswell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2008
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Chris McAuliffe
    Rick, I am in Europe for a month. Thanks for letting me know of MAG. Please let us see pictures of your new car.

I have a 2016 Cali T at my dealer awaiting my return

Have fun

Chris

21. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    No photos today. Drove it home yesterday, it was BEAUTIFUL, thanks Esoteric Auto Detail!!! but went through a 3/4 mile long cloud of concrete dust on I-270 and need to wait until tomorrow to wash it so the Geyon coating has another day to cure.

Driving impressions ... maybe need to start a new thread? For those new to FChat/California this is my third Cali with over 25,000 miles on each of my others.

First, it does not Kapow on upshift, but it does either Pow or Crack, just as loud as the '12 Cali but shorter in duration, very cool. The torque is unbelievable, this will take some getting used to. This will be as much fun as my FF to drive :D. It is a little quieter but it makes a beautiful lower pitched growling sound that is different than the '12, and I think cooler sounding! Brakes are touchier. The throttle is far less touchy, difficult to get used to but probably way better for those new to Ferrari. The stereo will take a lot to get used to, along with CarPlay. Pairing my stupid iPhone was very easy. And finally (maybe :)) the smell of a new Ferrari, hardly anything better!

22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I have not driven one but the mechanics whose opinion I respect have and have told me the T is a marvelous car for the same reasons you posted.

Enjoy!!!!!

23. McRoswell

McRoswell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 10, 2008
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    Chris McAuliffe
    Rick, thanks for the post. Did you get the Sport Exhaust option
    Can't wait to see pictures

Chris

24. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Just an FYI the sport exhaust is purely a cosmetic option on the Cali T...

25. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #25 uhn2000, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Can't wait to hear your feedback on the Cali T - I am really considering this or a 458 spider to the mix with my FF. I am big golfer so the Cali has its attraction with rear seat potential for the young kids and storing a set of clubs. Give a good review and congrats my friend, enjoy it!

P.S. I did a test drive in one and I left confused. It felt fast but the hard downshifts and and "Kapow" as you call it were gone. Not sure if I just didn't know how to use the engine/tranny but it seemed to miss that hair raising experience my FF gives me.