Basic questions re my beautiful new Cali T | FerrariChat

Basic questions re my beautiful new Cali T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Brisbane, Aug 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brisbane

Brisbane Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #1 Brisbane, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Hi All

So I've had my car since Saturday, fallen in love and lust with it and travelled 320 kms in her now. I was hoping some of you might be able to assist with some basic questions rather than potentially embarrass myself back at the dealer. I've perused the manual and can't find the answers (that doesn't mean they aren't there though lol). In no particular order:-

1) the front seat electric, automatic slide-back has stopped working when I pull the tag up to access the rear seats. Can anyone tell me how to reactivate this?
    2) how do I go back to the car's NAV system when I'm in Apple car play? It seems to lock it out?
    3) how do I adjust the bass and treble of the stereo please?
    4) can I answer the phone (and hang up) with any button on the steering wheel?
    5) how do I deactivate the loud single and double external beep when I lock and unlock the car using the buttons on the key?
    6) does the front camera ever come on automatically when objects are close to the front of the car,or do I have to manually turn it on?

If anyone would be kind enough to assist, I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks

2. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    2). At the main screen hit the Califorinia T icon, that will bring you back to the Ferrari Infoteinment screen. You can then simply hit the Navi button.

3). When in the Cali T infotainment hit the options button the right side

4). Center button on the back left side of steering wheel

Congrats!

3. Dvdcalifornia

Dvdcalifornia Rookie

Sep 19, 2011
    Someone please answer #5 !

4. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    5) I don't remember seeing anything to delete the beep in any of my Ferraris. Only drove my '16 five miles Saturday before giving it to the detail shop so I will look when I get her back hopefully Wednesday.

Typical Ferrari paint, they use a brick to polish the paint before leaving the factory. I specifically asked my dealer to NOT detail it further only because Esoteric Auto Detail is starting on it today. Hopefully I finally get her (with photos for here) by Thursday.

5. Brisbane

Brisbane Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks so much guys, really appreciate the assistance and that's 2, 3 and 4 sorted. Re the missing Magneride suspension, I guess you can't miss something you've never had, but, so far, on city roads and the highway, it rides beautifully on all surfaces. Softer than my Carrera but firm enough to feel taught and sporty. I really do love it and I'm still in "new Ferrari heaven", a state I'm sure most of you know well.

I have to thank Franco at Brisbane Ferrari also. He's be far the most knowledgeable, enthusiastic and passionate sales professional I've ever bought a car from. Aside from some hiccups re the final delivery date (not his fault), my 6 month wait has been a pleasure of anticipation and excitement. Brisbane Ferrari felt like my 2nd home at times and he and Steve never seemed to tire of me pestering them. Great guys! The entire experience has been both warm and fun and I'm already looking forward to the next one. I can't help thinking though that nothing will compare to the anticipation of your first Ferrari. I just hope I never get a little numb to it like a friend of mine has who's bought 8 new ones.

If anyone has the answers to 1, 5 and 6 it would still be very much appreciated. Now I'm off to press that big red button on the beautiful Momo wheel, going to work has never felt so good!

6. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Enjoy!

Almost positive the answer to 6 is no but I'd love to be wrong.