Black or Azzuro Blue California T help me decide | FerrariChat

Black or Azzuro Blue California T help me decide

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by mannym, Aug 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mannym

mannym Rookie

Jun 4, 2015
    The dealer has both.

Blue is a beautiful color, but Im worried its not sporty enough and a bit girly... also im worried about resale this is an acquired taste color

Black- very common, sporty probably easy resale second to white and red.

What would you guys choose (both similarly optioned)

I have a Red italia and a White Granturismo thats why I want a different color

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Azzurro California is my very favorite color. But Mirabeau on cream leather or Monaco blue would be nice on a T.

3. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    +1 on any blue!

4. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    Nero Daytona Metallic. Blue is nice. Black is elegant - IMHO

5. frascati

frascati Karting

Mar 5, 2012
    do you mean azzurro california? azzuro blue is not a color I'm familiar with.

I personally have developed an appreciation for blue. Even light blues like azzuro california (not to be confused with blu california which is also a California T color).

Personally, as much as I like blue I would do a darker color in the California as I just think it works better.

Resale - yea black is probably better but I read that the California has more first-time Ferrari buyers acquiring them than any other Ferrari model. So I think a lot of the people in the California market are more broad, probably more females, non-hardcore oriented folks so I can't say the blue will hurt resale with confidence.

I would not make my decision on exterior color alone, the interior color matters to me. If it was black over tan vs. light blue over blue or cream I'd go blue. Not fan of tan/brown interiors.

6. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Buy the car for you, not the next owner. Get what pleases you the most

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Maximus

Maximus Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2009
    Assen, NL
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
    Azzuro California for sure. Is a truly great color.

I fully concur with Steve, choose what you want and don't think about the next owner. It's your car, you decide.

8. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Azzuro - shows the lines really well. Black hides the lines and is a pain to keep clean.

SkiFreak likes this.
  9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    +1

10. dolphins08430

dolphins08430 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2011
  11. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

+1. FWIW, the color was picked personally by Enzo himself. He visited California and upon seeing its blue skies told his team he wanted them to develop a color to match.

12. 355flyer

355flyer Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2004
    Gadsden, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Andy Entrekin
    Nero Daytona. High gloss and when detailed correctly it is beautiful. The California to me, looks better darker. The lines can be accentuated with minor details. I spent a month or longer debating the same thing. I'm not nuts about Ferrari Nero but Nero Daytona truly shows the clear. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkiFreak likes this.
  13. andremaneur

andremaneur Rookie

Aug 29, 2015
    If my 2 elementary schoolers didn't have their hearts set on the Cali in Rossa, I would no question go with Blue or Nero. Since they were the ones that identified the Cali as the perfect car for the fam, anything other than Rossa would be like trying to substitute the Cali with a GranTurismo, it just wouldn't be the same.

14. Asif1680

Asif1680 Rookie

Dec 29, 2013
    I may be biased but I have the cali T in Azzuro California. It really shows off the detail and curves better than some of the other other colors. When mine arrived at the dealer they said it was the most beautiful cali T they had received yet. Also when I am out people come up to me and say how nice the car looks. Valet constantly tells me how much nicer the color is compared to other ferraris there. It's beautiful but definitely different than what you typically see out there. If your ok not being the norm than you'll love it.

15. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    Good advice. Resale value wasn't even on my radar screen. I bought the car to enjoy it and please me. Whatever you choose - within reason - will be great. And you will love the Cali T. It is a fine automobile.