Exhaust Changes between 2010 and 2013? | FerrariChat

Exhaust Changes between 2010 and 2013?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by CP Shrl, Aug 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CP Shrl

CP Shrl Karting

Feb 27, 2014
    Dallas/Dubai
    Hello all,

I previously owned a 2013 California and absolutely loved the vehicle mostly the exhaust note.

Where there any exhaust changes between 2010 and 2013? I am aware of the 30HP increase.

Looking at going to a California from the RR for a new DD, thing is going to pile on miles so would like to save obviously on anticipated depreciation.

2. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The exhaust manifolds of the Cali30 are different from those of the original Cali's. This made it possible for the 30 PS and 15 Nm of power and torque improvements... as well as improvements to the sound quality from the exhaust. Here's the actual Ferrari factory verbiage:
    "...The California’s V8 now punches out a maximum of 490 hp with maximum torque climbing to 505 Nm at 5000 rpm, thanks to new exhaust manifolds and engine mapping. Its torque curve has also been modified and is higher across the engine’s generous rev range too..."​
    Due to the changes to the torque curve, the Cali30 feels like a much punchier car. This is exactly what I felt when I compared my Cali30 to the earlier Calis I test drove, long before I confirmed the specs.

3. CP Shrl

CP Shrl Karting

Feb 27, 2014
    Dallas/Dubai
    Thank you Michael.