Aggressive auto downshifting Cali T | FerrariChat

Aggressive auto downshifting Cali T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by dolphins08430, Aug 31, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dolphins08430

dolphins08430 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2011
    #1 dolphins08430, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm not sure how it happen and don't know how to get it back ....lol
    The car is driven in sport mode / auto and I had this happen twice but not sure how?
    Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I am not sure I'm following the issue? Are you asking how to get the car to downshift aggressively or how to make sure it doesn't?

Some things I've noticed... the auto downshifts will react based on how you're driving... meaning if you're driving aggressively and then start to brake the car will downshift aggressively. Shifts in Sport are more aggressive than in Comfort.

Not sure if that helps?

3. dolphins08430

dolphins08430 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks for the quick response.
    No what I'm referring to is there's some setting or something that puts the car in that mode.
    The picture I posted has the arrow pointing down and normally its upward when I put the car in neutral the setting was gone.

4. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Looks like it's in Easy Auto mode--always happens on startup. It will auto shift for you until you downshift or hit the Auto button to turn it off.

5. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    I drive in Sport 100% of the time, and in Auto about 95% of the time, The pops, and hard downshifts in auto are wonderful and sound awesome. The car seems to be driving better and better with more wonderful sounds the more I drive it.

6. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Micthell, how many miles are you at now?

7. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    Keith, just tick the little baby in for her annual , changed out my rears, aligned, campaigned and have 11600 miles of wonderful smiles. NO ISSUES

I have switched to Michellin Pilot Super Sport, they are great, feel better than the PZero, and have a slightly harder compound which will have the tires wear better.

No buyers remorse, and just love driving the car !