Supercar experience/track day (UK) - any Californias | FerrariChat

Supercar experience/track day (UK) - any Californias

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by trmather, Sep 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
    One of my oldest friends is absolutely obsessed with the California so I was looking at getting her a track day experience in one when she passes her test.

Doesn't look like anyone has one though? Thruxton have discontinued theirs, 6th Gear don't have one and searching Google is coming up with nothing.

Are there any out there? (short of going to Maranello to drive one on the streets around Ferrari's home).

Might have to find a dealer with one and try and blag a test drive with the finest acting just so she can have a sit in one. (Not very likely is it?)

2. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    OK - I'll take a stab at this from the USA....

Am unsure what "test" she is looking to pass - her "new driver" test?

If so, a wise and amazing investment would be to send her to an (actual)(professional) driving course where she can learn how to control a car in various conditions.

While we've never done the Fiorano-based courses, my wife has attended the Corso Pilota (I.e. Ferrari Driving course) in North America 5 times, starting with Basic and progressing through the advanced levels. While it's all fancy and fun, the instruction and training is among the very best out there - it's not a racing school, it's a driving school.

It's pricey, but she will get her fill of driving a Ferrari. For my wife, it increased her confidence in driving these cars and also developed her skills as a (safe, competent) driver in any vehicle.

I'm biased towards the North America program since the instructors are phenomenal and all top notch.

3. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It would be her new driver test yeah.

In the UK there are supercar experiences, rather than track days or serious learning involved whereby you can just enjoy one of the cars for about 20 minutes, perfect for a gift as a birthday present or christmas present, you get the thrill of driving a car you'll most likely never afford and they're not that expensive either. Most require about a years worth of experience after you've passed your practical learner test so she'd build up a years worth of confidence behind the wheel.

I'm not sure if there are the Ferrari Driving Courses available over here and certainly not sure I could afford them but I'll certainly look into that so cheers. She's probably not going to be after some serious hard learning to improve her driving in that way but it may be an angle I can approach it from. Just loves the California so any time near one of those would do nicely.

Time to look into more options in any case, cheers Entropy