Good deal? | FerrariChat

Good deal?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by spiderman1299, Sep 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spiderman1299

spiderman1299 Rookie

Aug 19, 2015
    Hi everyone. Looking to buy my first FCar. Does this look like a good deal or am I missing something? Thanks for your help!

Texas Import Sales

2. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Go for it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2013
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Lombard
    careful That year had many transmission issues

4. spiderman1299

spiderman1299 Rookie

Aug 19, 2015
    Thanks guys. Going to get all of the service records to see exactly what's been done to it. Thanks for the insight on the transmission.

5. 355flyer

355flyer Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2004
    Gadsden, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Andy Entrekin
    That's a good deal generally speaking. I would recommend a build sheet to confirm the exact options. It appears to be a low to mid optioned car. Probably a MSRP of around 220k.

6. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    I thought that was just 2009?

7. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve

Car was built in May 2009. Close enough to a 2009 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    Be sure to have a power warranty with it and to have gearbox/transmission/engine covered.

Also a PPI is mandatory in any case.

9. spiderman1299

spiderman1299 Rookie

Aug 19, 2015
    Thank you for the insight Marmist. For the PPI is there a particular group of inspectors to draw from?

10. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    The mechanic u trust to repair ur car or, in case, the dealer u will bring ur car to after u buy it

11. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I would suggest a search of older posts for PPI recommendations in your area. For example, the dealer is in Dallas, so do a search in the Texas sub forum for PPI recommendations.

12. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I believe thats just a few grand above wholesale as long as the records check out. Looks like a good deal.

13. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    I have almost 23K miles on my 2010. No issues whatsoever, absolutely flawless,drives like it is brand new.

14. spiderman1299

spiderman1299 Rookie

Aug 19, 2015
    You guys are awesome! Thanks so much. Its the best priced 2010 I have seen so I hope everything checks out. Is the red interior a hang up for a lot of people?

15. 355flyer

355flyer Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2004
    Gadsden, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Andy Entrekin
    Probably one of the least common but if you like it but it. If you are thinking resale, then that is some of the reason it is priced as it is. Typically that leather is seen on the White Cali's

16. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I dig the color combo - grey exterior with dark red interior is very classic - and looks great IMO. Not everyone will think so, though...

17. MARMIST

MARMIST Formula 3

Jul 1, 2014
    If u are worried about resale, red interior IS one of the things that will scare many customers away. Truth be told.

Its one of the reasons this 2010 is so cheap

18. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    Mileage considered high for a ferrari and not the most common color combination leads to the lowish asking price. I wouldn't be scared of the miles and I like the color combination. I would recommend a PPI at Norwood. Those guys will give you an honest opinion. If that checks out I would go for it.

19. spiderman1299

spiderman1299 Rookie

Aug 19, 2015
    Thats what I was thinking as well. The red interior is growing on me, but I agree is not the most marketable color. May just wait on a car that I love as supposed to "settling". The price is great though! Thanks for everyone insight

20. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve

These cars are not rare. You are right. Find the one you love and (after some research/inspection/whatever) buy it. If it costs $10,000 more, so be it. It should check all of your want boxes and not just price.

21. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    The problem is not the red interior for resale. It is the silver exterior... This is a Ferrari, not a Mercedes...

22. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve

No shortage of opinions with the tifosi. There are quite a few grays and silvers that look really nice on different f cars. Not everyone wants the "in your face, look at me" red. GT cars are supposed to be refined and elegant, and the toned down colors reflect the gentleman drivers. They accentuate the beautiful lines as well, IMO.

23. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    Potrei essere più d'accordo.
    In fact, my dealer has said red in your face is boring.
    People are moving away from it.

24. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.

How? Doesn't the car have to be Ferrari approved AND sold by an authorized Ferrari dealer to obtain any warranty?

2010 can have some tranny issues but by now they should be able to fix them unlike when they required swap outs. Also this car appears driven so maybe it is ok. An experienced tech advised me that the top is more of a concern than the DCT.

25. 355flyer

355flyer Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2004
    Gadsden, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Andy Entrekin
    No, it does not have to be CPO'd for warranty. If you extend factory warranty it stays as the original standard warranty with Roadside and all. If you lapse a local dealership will have you bring car in and give power cube warranty on it. Should be between 4500-5500 per year.