Locking and unlocking the compartment under the armrest | FerrariChat

Locking and unlocking the compartment under the armrest

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Brisbane, Sep 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brisbane

Brisbane Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi All

Apologies again if this is a silly question, but can anyone help me with this. My Cali T's beautifully leather-clad cover won't go down fully as the latch has locked it open. Can I easily reset this and set it to the open position again so it will close?

Thanks in advance. I'm also having a problem with connecting my phone to Apple CarPlay tonight. Despite my 6+ being plugged in and unlocked, the screen is telling me to connect my device. I'm thinking it may be to do with not doing my IOS upgrade yet which I'll do shortly. Anyone else experienced this also?

Paul

2. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Paul, I've had no problems with the latch nor the CarPlay, sorry can't help. I was running IOS 9.0 the first time that I connected though.

3. John458

John458 Karting

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohio
    Sorry I don't know how to help you with this but when I was test driving a Cali T, the same thing had happened to the arm rest. The Sales Manager said it was tricky to unlock it but it happens.

I am getting a new Cali T next week.

4. mguthrie

mguthrie Karting

Jul 11, 2010
    SE Mich and WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Brisbane, in regard to CarPlay you should check the integrity of your Lightning connectors. Some of the aftermarket ones will not transmit data even tough they will
    charge your I-device effectively. Switch out a couple and see if that makes a difference.

5. Brisbane

Brisbane Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Update and big shout out to mguthfie because a change of cable and she's apples ;-). Am awaiting a call back from Franco from Ferrari Brisbane re the centre console unlocking.

Rick, I really enjoyed your summary of your performance experiences with your new Cali T. Having never driven a V12 Ferrari, I have nothing to compare mine with, but I really feel your musings are accurate. My car is an absolute pleasure and thrill every day I drive it or just look at it in my garage. I've taken to driving it with the auto mode switched off now, unless in heavy traffic, as I'm getting better at keeping the exhaust note in the pleasure range that way. It's an amazing thrill to own it.

6. Brisbane

Brisbane Rookie

Aug 7, 2015
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Final update and the centre console was fixed today by the Ferrari Brisbane service team in about an hour. If you open the console lid too quickly, apparently, you can dislodge an internal spring which locks it open. It's happened to a few before mine so be aware of the potential for this with your T. I bought a pair of Ferrari Oakleys and a lovely blue and white striped, Ferrari silk tie while I waited though :).

7. Alex Constantinidis

Nov 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alex C
    same thing happened... I did the low tech fix of lifting the plastic lock using the angled side of an allen key.